• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Debris on inside of sealed case
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just received a graded NHS #37 9.4.  As I was wiping off fingerprints on the outside of the CGC plastic case, I noticed what looks like a crumb or sesame seed (I can just picture someone at CGC eating a Big Mac while grading 😂).  What’s worse is that it’s actually on the cover and not below or to the side of the comic, so it’s impossible to ignore.

Anyway, this is the first time I’ve ever seen this in any of my graded comics.  I’ve tried sending them emails, but all emails are getting automatically kicked back as undeliverable.  
Anyone have advice on what I should do?

Thanks!!!

19037DBA-8709-4412-BDEF-27CEBEDE6AEF.jpeg

• Administrator
On 11/17/2022 at 9:48 PM, LLPS said:

Hello,

I just received a graded NHS #37 9.4.  As I was wiping off fingerprints on the outside of the CGC plastic case, I noticed what looks like a crumb or sesame seed (I can just picture someone at CGC eating a Big Mac while grading 😂).  What’s worse is that it’s actually on the cover and not below or to the side of the comic, so it’s impossible to ignore.

Anyway, this is the first time I’ve ever seen this in any of my graded comics.  I’ve tried sending them emails, but all emails are getting automatically kicked back as undeliverable.  
Anyone have advice on what I should do?

Thanks!!!

19037DBA-8709-4412-BDEF-27CEBEDE6AEF.jpeg

Hello

You would need to fill out a submission form and Select Mechanical error.  A prepaid shipping label will automatically be sent to you.  Be sure to specify why you are returning this to be fixed.  Also, write ME in large letters in multiple spots on the outside of the box.  We will fix this and send it back to you.

Mike

On 11/17/2022 at 6:52 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

You would need to fill out a submission form and Select Mechanical error.  A prepaid shipping label will automatically be sent to you.  Be sure to specify why you are returning this to be fixed.  Also, write ME in large letters in multiple spots on the outside of the box.  We will fix this and send it back to you.

Mike

Thank you.  I just read over the waiver.  It’s something I’ll have to think about.  Not sure if it’s worth risking a lower grade.  I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

On 11/17/2022 at 10:02 PM, LLPS said:

Thank you.  I just read over the waiver.  It’s something I’ll have to think about.  Not sure if it’s worth risking a lower grade.  I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

Sending it in for a Mechanical Error wouldn't require a re-grade, unless you think that the debris has damaged the comic book.

On 11/18/2022 at 4:35 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Sending it in for a Mechanical Error wouldn't require a re-grade, unless you think that the debris has damaged the comic book.

When reading over the waiver, they warn you that opening the case is difficult, and as careful as they will be, there’s a possibility that it could result in a lower grade.  That waiver comes up when you select Mechanical Error.