• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm sure this has been asked and covered before but I am a relative newb at this...

5 posts in this topic

Ok, so I have a lot of books graded and sent in books to be graded before, but always had someone else do it for me - a local store took care of it for me.

At this point, I have some pedigree books which have the older labels.  I would like to to be able to send them in to get the newer gold label.

Is this a simple re-holdering?  Does this require re-grading?  What would the turnaround time be like?  

All I really want is to have the new gold label, so I want to make sure of what that process looks like and how to get setup for that.  I had a couple of raw books that had the pedigree label with them at purchase and they only took a few weeks to come back, but that was over a year ago.

Thank you,

PDG

• Administrator

@PDGray 

As long as the books are still encapsulated in their CGC holder, you will only need to send them in for a reholdering service to receive their Gold Labels. You can find the current turnaround times and fees for this service HERE. If the books are not in their current holders and raw with a pedigree label, these would need to be sent in to be regraded. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 11/21/2022 at 8:28 AM, MattM CS said:

@PDGray 

As long as the books are still encapsulated in their CGC holder, you will only need to send them in for a reholdering service to receive their Gold Labels. You can find the current turnaround times and fees for this service HERE. If the books are not in their current holders and raw with a pedigree label, these would need to be sent in to be regraded. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you!  All the books I have are in CGC cases at this point, so that should simplify this process.  This gives me a great starting point.

@MattM CS  Do File Copies also get the gold label or do they stay with the traditional blue label?

Again, I appreciate your help and answers.

PDG

• Administrator

Hello! 

File copies should be noted on the label but would not affect the label color. If it is a Pedigree book, then the gold label will be applied and if it does not qualify for the gold label then the blue label would most likely be used. Thank you. 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:28 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello! 

File copies should be noted on the label but would not affect the label color. If it is a Pedigree book, then the gold label will be applied and if it does not qualify for the gold label then the blue label would most likely be used. Thank you. 

@CMatthews - thank you!  I have seen a few "File Copies" which had the gold label which was the reason for my asking.  I didn't know if that was a change or not.  

PDG