• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The January 2023 HA auction starting to load up
2 2

411 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2022 at 7:23 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Considering it sold on HA in April of this year for $41K, yeah, I agree with you.

will have to sell for nearly $50K just for the consignor to break even (discounted consignor fee + tax + shipping cost)

On 12/15/2022 at 9:46 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Considering it sold on HA in April of this year for $41K, yeah, I agree with you.

will have to sell for nearly $50K just for the consignor to break even (discounted consignor fee + tax + shipping cost)

Could be a non-paying buyer.  That is a great piece!

On 12/15/2022 at 6:15 PM, Xatari said:

Could be a non-paying buyer.  That is a great piece!

If that's the case then HA would be the auctioneer and sole benefactor? In that case I would predict a similar final outcome.

It's a magnificent Bagley example I hope it finds a legit home. I wish I could get the job done. Venom looks creepy and cool.

On 12/3/2022 at 6:37 PM, batman_fan said:

They even have some rare Garfield strips including on that references Lasagna 

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 7.36.16 PM.png

89A273F1-1BFE-4B86-9E59-6CF443FBA364.thumb.jpeg.5ddee4a2fdedc79cf9d4a931c235d48a.jpeg
No you fat ba***rd. How could we forget you? You're in every auction now. I mean, we talk about you EVERY freaking auction now. 
"Us???" We see you Heritage Auctions.

Edited by grapeape

On 12/22/2022 at 1:50 AM, tth2 said:

Just went through the previews one final time.  While this auction has some really high profile pieces, on the whole it's the weakest Signature auction I can remember in ages.

The item count is 300 to 500 below prior auctions.  Not sure if that will be the new norm with HA doing all these specialty auctions.

On 12/22/2022 at 7:50 PM, tth2 said:

Just went through the previews one final time.  While this auction has some really high profile pieces, on the whole it's the weakest Signature auction I can remember in ages.

Agreed......I think heritage are trying to cash in and do more frequent signature auctions and subsequently finding it harder to source grail level consignment material

On 12/22/2022 at 10:28 PM, tth2 said:

Interestingly the Frazetta Flashman painting has the reserve showing from Day 1, rather than appearing near the end of online bidding.

Reserve seems to be met

On 12/24/2022 at 8:30 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

As of 24 December 2023, the Miller wolvie page is at $110k🤯

Im quite sure maybe in 2016 comiclink auctioned the wolverine miniseries 3 cover and it brought around $35k. What is that worth today?!

Yeah I remember thinking at the time that was going to look cheap one day