• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christmas Gift Ideas

8 posts in this topic

I'm sending out goats this year. 

I work with a charity that gives girls in third world countries a goat.  A goat can produce three gallons of milk a day, which can be used for improved nutrition for her family, and the excess milk, butter and cream can be sold. The girl owes the charity the first born female, and that is given to another girl.  

There are places  where the UN says a family of four needs about $15 a day to escape poverty.  In four or five years, the goat and her off-spring will produce enough income to lift her family out of poverty. 

Many of us can use all the karma we can get.

This is my son's first Xmas in his own place...he moved out earlier this year. For Xmas, I bought him a 19" tool box and filled it up with all sorts of tools and items. It's a major pain when you need a certain tool and you don't have it. He's going to find out, as did I, when you first move out of the house, you learn to fix just about everything. It'll be easier for him though, he has that damn internet. :preach: I can't complain too much ... I call him whenever I need tech help.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:44 PM, Gaard said:

This is my son's first Xmas in his own place...he moved out earlier this year. For Xmas, I bought him a 19" tool box and filled it up with all sorts of tools and items. It's a major pain when you need a certain tool and you don't have it. He's going to find out, as did I, when you first move out of the house, you learn to fix just about everything. It'll be easier for him though, he has that damn internet. :preach: I can't complain too much ... I call him whenever I need tech help.

Did this for my kids...as well as an auto kit... jumper cables/ tire pump ect.