• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Thor 229
2 2

11 posts in this topic

It doesn't look bad. I see what looks like some color run around the CCA emblem, which hurts but a printer's crease won't count against you (maybe if it was in otherwise 9.8 condition, you could lose a grade, but not here). Some light indentions along the spine without color breaking. Maybe C&P to a 9.0. 8.0/8.5 as is barring some tanning inside or something like that.

If you slab it you can't thumb through it to check out the ad. I do it with my Daredevil 115 all the time.

20220522_132315.thumb.jpg.699001231eba29aadad981aa0791a0fa.jpg

Thanks for posting.

On 11/26/2022 at 11:37 PM, grendelbo said:

Daredevil 115

Of course, we all know that the real first appearance is in FOOM 2. At least it looks like CGC started acknowledging the ad on the label at some point. I assume it's the older slabs that don't have it. Both these books w/ads have some FMVs on GoCollect that don't actually look consistent with for sell and sold prices on ebay 

On 11/26/2022 at 9:04 PM, scburdet said:

Of course, we all know that the real first appearance is in FOOM 2. At least it looks like CGC started acknowledging the ad on the label at some point. I assume it's the older slabs that don't have it. Both these books w/ads have some FMVs on GoCollect that don't actually look consistent with for sell and sold prices on ebay 

My 115 is low-grade. When I got it for dollars a year ago I pressed out a spine roll the old fashioned way - by stacking short boxes on top of it. It fun though to see 181's hype in the ad. Who knew whatd become of that Canuck?