• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

25 misc comics

4 posts in this topic

I have about 25 comic books, all from mid 1960s to 70's .   Wide variety from Disney " The Scamp" to An Action comic June 1970 number 389 with Superman on cover.

I need advice on choosing which ones are worth paying for grading service.

Wishing I could ship all of them, and have CGC decide on the ones to process with grading

All are in reasonable condition, as I kept them in plastic, and inside a tin container

Thank you in advance for your reply

• Administrator

Hello! It sounds like you have a nice collection on your hands. At this time CGC does not offer a screening service for our grading services. One option is to contact as local dealer that may be able to sit down with you and go over the books that you have. I have included our Dealer Locator tool below. Find Comic Book Shops & Dealers | Comic Book Dealer Locator | CGC (cgccomics.com)

On 11/28/2022 at 9:27 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello! It sounds like you have a nice collection on your hands. At this time CGC does not offer a screening service for our grading services. One option is to contact as local dealer that may be able to sit down with you and go over the books that you have. I have included our Dealer Locator tool below. Find Comic Book Shops & Dealers | Comic Book Dealer Locator | CGC (cgccomics.com)

I thought CGC offered grade screening on 25+ books at once.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grade PreScreen

(Also select Modern or Economy grading tier; 25-book minimum)

Select Grade PreScreen and either the Modern or Economy grading tier. Then, specify a minimum grade up to 9.8 on your invoice (CGC does not offer PreScreen for 9.9 or 10 grades). You will be charged the selected grading fees ONLY for books that meet or exceed your specified minimum grade. The books that meet your specified grade will be certified and encapsulated according to tier, and those grading below your specified grade will be returned uncertified. There is an $8 per reject fee for all books that do not reach your specified grade. There is a 25-book minimum for Grade PreScreen and only ONE minimum grade allowed per submission. CGC does not accept Grade PreScreen for Signature Series submissions.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:44 AM, Lothran said:

I thought CGC offered grade screening on 25+ books at once.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grade PreScreen

(Also select Modern or Economy grading tier; 25-book minimum)

Select Grade PreScreen and either the Modern or Economy grading tier. Then, specify a minimum grade up to 9.8 on your invoice (CGC does not offer PreScreen for 9.9 or 10 grades). You will be charged the selected grading fees ONLY for books that meet or exceed your specified minimum grade. The books that meet your specified grade will be certified and encapsulated according to tier, and those grading below your specified grade will be returned uncertified. There is an $8 per reject fee for all books that do not reach your specified grade. There is a 25-book minimum for Grade PreScreen and only ONE minimum grade allowed per submission. CGC does not accept Grade PreScreen for Signature Series submissions.

What I thought too, but I think OP was wanting CGC to suggest which comics to submit for grading based on values (at least I think that's how I understood it). I suppose prescreening a grade technically could achieve the goal, though?