• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Tier Question
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm preparing a fast track pressing/grading submission of 2014 Edge of Spider-Verse #2 (overstreet market value 9.2 = $325), and 1984 Marvel Team-Up #141 (overstreet market value 9.2 = $150).  However, I'm pretty sure that after the CCS process, these two books will go to 9.6 or better, which (hopefully) would affect the final market value.  To my eye, these books have few if any flaws (>60% of the ~200 BA, CA, and modern books I've submitted over the past several years come back at or higher than my prediction),

Should I submit for modern tier (post 1975 <$400) or economy tier (anything up to $1,000)?

Thanks!

Edited by Jaws1965

• Administrator

Hello! The value that we ask for is for insurance purposes only and we ask that you estimate the raw (ungraded) value of the book. The Economy tier is for books older than 1975 so the books mentioned would most likely be under the Modern Tier for grading. If the books are found to be grossly undervalued, we will email you to let you know and "bump" the books to the next tier for you.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:19 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello! The value that we ask for is for insurance purposes only and we ask that you estimate the raw (ungraded) value of the book.

You probably get that value question a lot. I bet if you put that ^ statement somewhere on the form, your life would be a lot easier. (thumbsu