• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late Fall Grading Contest Round 2
5 5

66 posts in this topic

First a few rules.  ROUND 2

- Do not discuss grades with others either publicly or in private.

- The grades will be from 0.5 to 9.8 only

- You will have until 8 Pm (Central Time) Tuesday November 29 to get your grades in for round 1. The results will be posted sometime after that.

- Do not check the CGC registry or census.

Please copy this list of books and paste it into your PM, with your grades on the same line.

The books for Round 2:

4: Thrilling Comics #54

5: Detective Comics #189

Notes on book 4, and there are many.

detached top of front cover
spine split top of spine
staple detached top of spine
tape interior front cover
tear right top of page(s) 4 does not affect story
light staining to cover
small amount of color touch on left top front cover
small amount of glue on centerfold & spine
spine split sealed bottom spine C-1

Notes on Book 5:

moderate wear all corners of cover

Thrilling_56_front_cover_large.JPG

Thrilling_56_back_cover.JPG

scan0513.jpg

tec_189_back.JPG

Edited by frozentundraguy

On 11/27/2022 at 6:34 PM, flashlites said:

Ohhhh Noooooo! I got the :sumo: emoji for my submissions! I'm doomed!!!!!!  :roflmao:

I got a roller coaster gif doh!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I've just received my 'grades in' email response from FTG, and for some reason the emoji he included is prompting me to post this musical interpretation of how I think my contest is going:

On 11/28/2022 at 2:16 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Know all the persons by these presents that I hereby give, grant, wish, yield, release, convey, confer,
and authorize all to judge, comment, pronounce, gauge, guess, and speculate whatever in, of, and concerning this chattel,
known as a comic book, or G.A. reader, together with all the appurtenances thereto of cover, spine, rips, dust shadows,
tape, and split spines, to almost have and to not hold the said comic book together with its, cover, rips, dust shadows,
tape, and split spines for his or her own rampant speculation and be-hoof, to himself and his heirs, in honorarium forever, free from all lies, encumbrances,
inconveniences, limitations, restraints, or conditions whatsoever, any and all prior notes, thoughts or others adverse opinions,
now or anywhere made, to the contrary notwithstanding, with full power to gaze, glare, scrutinize, look, squint or admire at said comic book
or else to give way to the super-ordinate opinions, condescending criticisms, gleeful insights, or haughty assessments made by other proficient examiners.

Stop mucking about. 

On 11/28/2022 at 9:16 AM, frozentundraguy said:

Know all the persons by these presents that I hereby give, grant, wish, yield, release, convey, confer, and authorize all to judge, comment, pronounce, gauge, guess, and speculate whatever in, of, and concerning this chattel, known as a comic book, or G.A. reader, together with all the appurtenances thereto of cover, spine, rips, dust shadows, tape, and split spines, to almost have and to not hold the said comic book together with its, cover, rips, dust shadows, tape, and split spines for his or her own rampant speculation and be-hoof, to himself and his heirs, in honorarium forever, free from all lies, encumbrances, inconveniences, limitations, restraints, or conditions whatsoever, any and all prior notes, thoughts or others adverse opinions, now or anywhere made, to the contrary notwithstanding, with full power to gaze, glare, scrutinize, look, squint or admire at said comic book or else to give way to the super-ordinate opinions, condescending criticisms, gleeful insights, or haughty assessments made by other proficient examiners.

Hi, I'm Point Five. I enjoy thin books with pictures in them.