• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Market Analysis Website?
3 3

4 posts in this topic

Hello Forum,

Can anyone recommend a 'Reliable' market analysis website that you can have confidence in. I have been signed up to 'Gocollect' for a year now and found them very disappointing. They base most of their market analysis and valuations on Ebay data which as we know, is hyped by optimistic sellers and elevated to cover Ebay's fees.

Also, their FMV is greatly influenced by the last sale price which can be a rogue low sale. I have seen this drop their prevailing FMV by 50%. This is not useful marketing at all, in my view.

So, if anyone can recommend an alternative that is free of these annoying faults I would be most grateful.

Colin

Edited by Colin Nash

On 11/27/2022 at 7:06 AM, Colin Nash said:

their market analysis and valuations on Ebay data which as we know, is hyped by optimistic sellers and elevated to cover Ebay's fees.

I’ve been on eBay as a buyer and seller since 1998 and I have no idea what you are referring to? How is the data hyped?  Personally I use eBay (sold and what’s available)/HA archives/GPA/follow CL auctions and read the boards to try and get valuations. After 7 years or so paying to get some of this data monthly I’m beginning to question its value and necessity. 

On 11/27/2022 at 1:14 PM, ThothAmon said:

I’ve been on eBay as a buyer and seller since 1998 and I have no idea what you are referring to? How is the data hyped?  Personally I use eBay (sold and what’s available)/HA archives/GPA/follow CL auctions and read the boards to try and get valuations. After 7 years or so paying to get some of this data monthly I’m beginning to question its value and necessity. 

Thank you for your reply. Like you I use numerous sources to get a handle on market values. eg. CL, Comicconnnect auction results, etc, etc.

There is plenty of sales data out there from numerous sources and I was looking for an alternative website that analyses sales across a wider spectum.

My Ebay note is based on my experiences of comparing its prices with other sales data  I have often found Ebay prices in general, on slabbed comics, to be higher by a full grade, and in some cases much higher. Having said that, other popular online shops are often no different.

On 12/1/2022 at 8:26 AM, Colin Nash said:

There is plenty of sales data out there from numerous sources and I was looking for an alternative website that analyses sales across a wider spectrum.

U can try slabbed comics, Pokemon values site in Canada. Not the easiest to use or fastest site but seems free to join.