• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most over-hyped/over-priced comic in your opinion?
3 3

207 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2022 at 9:09 PM, Readcomix said:

We missed the most obvious one!

The X-Men! 

Worth every penny.

On 11/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Worth every penny.

Oh, I’m just having fun….

I’m not a huge x-Men fan but I do like ‘em. I think Claremont stayed on too long and got a bit soap opera-ish, but that‘s just me. 

Just getting at the heart of what one wise poster said about “why doesn’t everybody like what I like?” We’re a hobby of niches. There’s plenty of stuff people would bid each other up for that I would pass over. We could all probably say the same.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:23 PM, Readcomix said:

Oh, I’m just having fun….

I’m not a huge x-Men fan but I do like ‘em. I think Claremont stayed on too long and got a bit soap opera-ish, but that‘s just me. 

Just getting at the heart of what one wise poster said about “why doesn’t everybody like what I like?” We’re a hobby of niches. There’s plenty of stuff people would bid each other up for that I would pass over. We could all probably say the same.

I know, I am as well.

On 11/27/2022 at 4:38 PM, D2 said:

Best part too is I grew up with his stuff. 
I even wrote a letter to him which got published in Spawn #59. I respect what Todd McFarlane accomplished. His stuff is still overhyped & overpriced though…

Batman 423

I own none of them currently outside of my OO Spawn books

I would like a nice 340 though 

On 11/27/2022 at 5:38 PM, D2 said:

Best part too is I grew up with his stuff. 
I even wrote a letter to him which got published in Spawn #59. I respect what Todd McFarlane accomplished. His stuff is still overhyped & overpriced though…

Batman 423

Someone on the boards pointed out Mcfarlane's art is full of impossible anatomical errors and now that's all I can see.

On 11/27/2022 at 5:58 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Nothing personal about the characters, as I like them, but both Eternals #1 and She-Hulk #1 both seemed to have nose-dived in price compared to a year ago.

Speculation runs rampant on MCU announcement. Then Disney ruins the IP with wokery and demand collapses.