• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Punisher limited #1 newsstand
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2022 at 6:41 PM, B2D327 said:

Pressed out, I think you have a good shot at that 9.6 or better if the corner is deemed a result of the manufacturing cut. Graders have overlooked worse

I think it is, would it make sense that that's the view if there's no other damage to be seen? It scared me a bit on ebay when I saw it, but there seemed to be no other issues. I'm hoping for a 9.6+ not just because of the value but also punisher Is my biggest collection lol. 

On 11/28/2022 at 7:42 PM, scburdet said:

9.2. I think the corner is going to keep at the low end. It looks like "regular" blunting to me

9.2 is a bit harsh don't you think? I had that Wolverine 2 that looked worse and got a 9.8. Hope my grader will be having a great day. 

On 11/28/2022 at 9:45 PM, comicjoe1234 said:

my grader will be having a great day

We've definitely seen some inexplicable grades in both directions. When they're higher, we often don't know why b/c there aren't any notes. I wouldn't submit this one expecting better than a 9.4. I've had several with square corners & no noticeable defects still come back at 9.4.

On 11/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, scburdet said:

We've definitely seen some inexplicable grades in both directions. When they're higher, we often don't know why b/c there aren't any notes. I wouldn't submit this one expecting better than a 9.4. I've had several with square corners & no noticeable defects still come back at 9.4.

Lol I heard that if I get comics sent to their signature series they almost always give a grade bump. Maybe I'll try that if they announce someone for this issue. Im planning on doing a punisher only submission soon

On 11/28/2022 at 10:01 PM, comicjoe1234 said:

signature series

I'll be right there with you if they bring in Mick Zeck. IDK if they've ever had him in for a private event. Hasn't happened in the last +1 year. B/c I was curious, I got my copies out. I actually have a direct & a newsstand (no recollection how this happened). Both of mine have a similar corner ding. I'd say my direct is close to or worse than yours & my newsstand is maybe a hair better. With that information, I searched through recent ebay listings/sales. In the CGC 9s out there, I don't see the corner issue as a super common issue scanning ~20 books. I saw one 9.6 that *might* have a minor ding like our books. There were a few 9.2s & 9.4s with them. Of course, I saw some 9.2s & 9.0s that looked to have nearly perfect corners. I'm not that interested in spending all night entering registry numbers into the CGC website, so I'll just have to assume those had some other issue that's not that obvious at first glance. I think we should always think of the grades as having uncertainty, even when they're slabbed, especially in the grades that are only separated by 0.2. It's just can't be an exact science, which is one reason I wouldn't pay the premium to get a 9.8 

Edited by scburdet