• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Community is Temporarily Unavailable
1 1

37 posts in this topic

Is anyone else getting this regularly lately?

762243392_Capture(2).thumb.PNG.406f96e8220a5926870be0f16edbd7ba.PNG

out.thumb.PNG.caaf4a39f615f03ed6be89a3e262fa95.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.856cebb40fb5b6246408e7c000b8f9d1.PNG

I've had it about five times today - three of them screenshotted above - and pretty much every day for several weeks now.

It doesn't last that long, admittedly - about 30 seconds to a minute each time - but it's always when I'm in the middle of posting something (get your jokes in now) or messaging someone. I only mention it because when this happened before, a year or so back, the frequency gradually increased until the boards became unusable. I don't think I could stand that again.

Anyone else? I post in UK hours, so maybe I'm seeing it more than others.

Indeed. It happens mostly when I've double clicked or accidentally clicked and want to go back.

Sometimes even on its own and not an overload. It still loses the text I've wrote, but a usual refresh and it keeps it. The few times it's lost it altogether were very aggravating. Some of that may have been a 2 year old phone, where it says unable to load due to memory, but always does it upon refresh idk

On 11/28/2022 at 4:16 PM, OtherEric said:

Now that you mention that, @ADAMANTIUM, I think for me it most often occurs when I’ve had a page loaded for a while, and then try to react or reply.  The thing is, it’s still there when I try to reload the page or open the homepage again for a few minutes.

If I've had it loaded and do a different tab or something else, then go back, maybe the back arrow will be long to load, but then if I stop the load and use a different click like "go to topic listing," its quicker.

But yes, along with sign outs, I believe it is all related, as in if you are on here logged in to long, it hiccups, would be my guess. :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I’ve gotten it the past couple of weeks here and there. I’ve also gotten an abnormally long waiting period if I click the notifications in the hamburger menu at the top right when logging in but that fixes itself by reopening the page in another tab. My guess is a server maintenance issue…possibly due to higher traffic but what do I know (shrug)

image.gif.c863c9944dd0f947970abc1829b2173e.gif

On 11/29/2022 at 12:15 AM, universal soldier said:

3 times in the past half hour...:sorry:

It looks like most are seeing it infrequently - we clearly just have good timing! 

• Administrator
On 11/29/2022 at 8:06 AM, ThothAmon said:

Simple answer. Mikes Ffing with us. 

If that was the case, the blackouts would be much more epic.  :bigsmile:  Actually, there is an update available.  Unfortunately, it will most likely be a few more weeks before it is installed.  MX is running behind with the "things to do" list.  It's anyone's guess if this will fix the problems.