• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know if this is a Green River copy?

15 posts in this topic

By the location and color of the date stamp, it looks like this book sold twice back in late 2015 and it did not have a "Green River pedigree" notation then. It must have been re-graded because interestingly, the page quality was cream to off-white then, but now it has off-white to white. I agree with Sal, the Green River pedigree probably did not have any Silver Surfer's in it because of the time frame of the Green River pedigree that stops in late 1967, early 1968, right before the Silver Surfer solo series started. Here's an image of the book as sold in 2015, not very good quality, but it seems to match the one you posted currently on ComicLink.

904080932_silversurfer4datestamp_edited.jpg.e6fadfac6ed91bb21218bc29bddc21a4.jpg

After looking into that sale back in 2015, it looks like the seller was trying to sell it as a "Green River" even though it was not designated as such on the label. It looks like the book was just re-graded in Sept. of this year and the old label must have been turned in because nothing shows up in the "verify certification" using the old number from the sale in 2015. (The old cert. number was 0765779015.)

Sorry for the late reply. None of the Green River date stamps after December of 1966 contained the year. So for instance, "Dec 13 1966" was followed by simply "Jan 3" a month later. So the easy answer is no, this isn't a Green River. Nice book, though. 

On 1/12/2024 at 2:27 PM, Red Hook said:

Sorry for the late reply. None of the Green River date stamps after December of 1966 contained the year. So for instance, "Dec 13 1966" was followed by simply "Jan 3" a month later. So the easy answer is no, this isn't a Green River. Nice book, though. 

:hi:

Are you the real, original Red Hook? GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Sadly djpinkpanther67 passed April 2023. He is missed!

On 1/15/2024 at 12:25 PM, jimjum12 said:

Are you the real, original Red Hook? GOD BLESS ...

Hey Jim ... yes I am! I still have the FF#21 CCG you sold me. 

On 1/15/2024 at 4:00 PM, mosconi said:

Love the Green River issues.  Here are a few from my collection if you'd like to compare the stamps for any future books...

########################## asm annual 3 fc928.jpg

spidey 56 front040.jpg

########################## asm #30 fc926.jpg

Here is my raw copy of the ASM Annual #3. Date stamp is almost in the exact same position. :-) 

$_57-5.JPG

On 1/19/2024 at 4:35 PM, Red Hook said:

Hey Jim ... yes I am! I still have the FF#21 CCG you sold me. 

My man, Brad! I'm glad to see you again. Hope all is well. GOD BLESS ... 

On 1/19/2024 at 1:39 PM, Red Hook said:

Here is my raw copy of the ASM Annual #3. Date stamp is almost in the exact same position. :-) 

$_57-5.JPG

Beautiful book!  The vibrant color on these issues is a pleasure to behold :applause:

On 1/19/2024 at 4:53 PM, jimjum12 said:

My man, Brad! I'm glad to see you again. Hope all is well. GOD BLESS ... 

Thanks, Jim. All is extremely well! I put the fifteen years I was off the boards to very good use! :-) 

Edited by Red Hook