• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most under-hyped/underpriced comics in your opinion?
2 2

95 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2022 at 8:38 PM, Super Team Up said:

Stormwatch #37.

This is a great one. I picked up a ton of Stormwatch books on the cheap at CLink last round, but this one blew past me, I think it closed around $250. I should have gone stronger on it, it's a great book. I have a few raw copies, but need a slab.

Stormwatch V2 #4 (1st Midnighter and Apollo) has some degree of heat, but I think it could go much higher.

Take it from me, kids: Dakota North and Strikeforce Morituri #1 are both GUARANTEED* to make big jumps, and oh, it just so happens I might know where you could obtain several copies. :cough:

*not a guarantee

On 12/2/2022 at 12:04 PM, D2 said:

Can’t wait to hear your review! Don’t forget to post it 

Seeing the cover now, I either remember the read, but I remembered it being more "cyber" battle rather than Sabretooth. No spoiler, but if it is the LSD issue, it WAS a very good read indeed :x 

On 12/2/2022 at 1:13 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Seeing the cover now, I either remember the read, but I remembered it being more "cyber" battle rather than Sabretooth. No spoiler, but if it is the LSD issue, it WAS a very good read indeed :x 

I think you are thinking of the Marvel Comics Presents: Blood Hungry (issues 85-92, immediately follows BWS' Weapon X) storyline by Peter David. Also good! Very good!

image.thumb.png.57f70f34cc47898200570e8ed6d6ac5c.png

On 12/2/2022 at 2:40 PM, D2 said:

I think you are thinking of the Marvel Comics Presents: Blood Hungry (issues 85-92, immediately follows BWS' Weapon X) storyline by Peter David. Also good! Very good!

image.thumb.png.57f70f34cc47898200570e8ed6d6ac5c.png

It has been forever since I read those, I was misremembering for sure. I remember reading them as a kid, assuming that was Cyber on the cover of #90, probably is Wolvie. I had a subscription at those issue numbers, but I didn't so much care for the Sabretooth being caged type deal, as it all seemed like a therapy. lol 

Especially the one's with Jean talking, I was like where is the action. When I read the cyber issues, it was quickly and I'm forever in a state with a brain cell that can't recall loldoh! 

On 12/3/2022 at 2:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t be bothered to spec this book, but I’m surprised it’s still sleeping....

9F8B91B4-C69D-41AD-931D-369DA39B9399.jpeg.4f515a842e64172169394f9c11bdbf4a.jpeg

bat-man002.jpg

For this reason, speculators.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

The homage cover & Spider-Ham appearance don’t hurt it’s chances either...

That's true.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:55 PM, mattn792 said:

Wolverine 145 is better :bigsmile:

Lol I would love to hear more on what you like about this one so much. 
Outside of the variant cover, I’d rip this book to shreds (pun intended). 

On 12/1/2022 at 1:09 PM, JazzMan said:

It used to be Daredevil #1 for me.  Not any more.

I don't think there's a sleeper out there that hasn't already been hyped.

Compared to the other first issues in ‘63-‘64,  for sure a bargain. But the character doesn’t really get interesting until well into the hundreds, versus iconic early-issue runs in Spider-Man, FF, X-Men, Avengers, etc. So it makes sense the first issue would be a fraction of the value of the others. (And I’m saying that as someone who ONLY collects DD.)