• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the most under-hyped/underpriced comics in your opinion?
2 2

95 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2022 at 3:44 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

The entire 1968-1979 Captain Marvel title

You are a collector after my own sentiments....a solid series that, even in the early stages, despite some corniness, I enjoy a lot. Then you have Starlin coming in and of course that is the stretch everyone mentions. But yeah....that is a run that is undervalued IMO.

For classic stuff, I still think a lot of the DC horro books from the early 70s are criminally low. Everyone looooooves Golden Age horror (completely understandable) but the bronze age has some amazing art and great stories too that maybe one day will have their day in the sun.

For more modern stuff, I look at a series Nailbiter, or Low or even Descender and wonder how someone has not grabbed onto these and tried to adapt them into a show or even an animated show (Descender would look great if done in animation). Very affordable series to acquire, amazing stories that surely one day if adapted, will see an increase but because the world revolves around the TV/movie news, these books have gone underappreciated.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:40 AM, comicginger1789 said:

For classic stuff, I still think a lot of the DC horror books from the early 70s are criminally low. Everyone looooooves Golden Age horror (completely understandable) but the bronze age has some amazing art and great stories too that maybe one day will have their day in the sun.

I agree, but I also think a lot of DC stuff in general is starting to look like a bargain. Golden Age Flash and Green Lantern, Silver Age Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern, and "cult hits" like silver/bronze Teen Titans and Doom Patrol... When you put them next to Marvels of the same timeframe, or even Batman and Superman books, you can see how low the prices actually are.

On 12/15/2022 at 3:55 PM, D2 said:
On 12/14/2022 at 4:36 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Okay

Got the book.  Gonna hit the bong and give it a go :popcorn:

7A992334-7098-4D06-B1BC-7CA8EAE88195.thumb.jpeg.a5665fe33bfc2c2237531ca9d56f0ff8.jpeg

Expand  

Oooooo!!!

Can't WAIT for this review! 

Although a little awkward to handle at times with all the fold-outs, I will say it was an entertaining book.  Not a huge fan of the art to be honest, but it worked.  Not stoked to be left with a cliffhanger though :censored:

I did find the threats to loved ones to be a nice way to trigger Logan...

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 12/15/2022 at 4:00 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Although a little awkward to handle at times with all the fold-outs, I will say it was an entertaining book.  Not a huge fan of the art to be honest, but it worked.  Not stoked to left with a cliffhanger though :censored:

oh interesting! fair fair. I love the art, but I understand it to be subjective.

essentially, from what I understand it was meant as 'the death of sabretooth' as the series ended, to start into the weapon x, age of apocalypse, series. Then, like all comics, the characters 'live on!' to fight against each other, for another day...

On 12/15/2022 at 4:02 PM, D2 said:

oh interesting! fair fair. I love the art, but I understand it to be subjective.

essentially, from what I understand it was meant as 'the death of sabretooth' as the series ended, to start into the weapon x, age of apocalypse, series. Then, like all comics, the characters 'live on!' to fight against each other, for another day...

So what issue do I need to see what happened ?

On 12/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

So what issue do I need to see what happened ?

So after Wolverine 90, Weapon X (AoA) takes over for 4 issues, and then Wolverine picks back up, with Sabretooth's next appearance being Wolverine 92.

From what I can remember, they show how Wolverine's claw punctured through Sabretooth's brain, which renders him docile... blah blah

But you are meant to read issue 90, as though that's the end of their conflict.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:09 PM, D2 said:

So after Wolverine 90, Weapon X (AoA) takes over for 4 issues, and then Wolverine picks back up, with Sabretooth's next appearance being Wolverine 92.

From what I can remember, they show how Wolverine's claw punctured through Sabretooth's brain, which renders him docile... blah blah

But you are meant to read issue 90, as though that's the end of their conflict.

Thanks.  I really just needed to know if Wolvy was committed,  and actually tried to kill Sabretooth. (thumbsu