• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell us your dirty little comics secrets. I'll start...
1 1

140 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2022 at 5:25 PM, Hamlet said:

I’m going to start sneaking my drek into other collector’s homes and hiding them while I am there.

here is a way to do that without having to sneak.

1. Approach a fellow local comic guy at a local comic show where he is selling.

2. Suggest a partnership in selling comics and buying collections together.

3. One day when you both are bringing in more boxes of jointly purchased comics into your home, start jumping up and down. It makes your floor shake, and your comic friend will think there is too many comic boxes in your place ("your floor is collapsing dude! We have got to get these boxes out of here")

4. results in boxes and boxes of your books suddenly in his basement instead of your place.

(thumbsu

fun tidbit: one day when you are at local comic friend's house getting boxes of books from his basement, and he is grunting and groaning as he lifts boxes from the basement to the main floor, enjoy the look on his wife's face when you suggest that there is an elevator being installed.

Edited by Artboy99

On 12/2/2022 at 10:58 AM, MAR1979 said:

I never liked The Dark Knight Returns story or art. As kid in my LCS back in 1986 I kept that entirely to myself.

BTW: Still don't like it.

I felt the same way back then, I had a choice to buy a back issue of Wolverine #1 or the new TDKR with my allowance money. Wolvie the whole way.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, namisgr said:

I bought Dazzler #1 off the rack.  :blush:

I bought about 10 copies "on spec".

Just sold them in the last couple years.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:36 PM, Sigur Ros said:

That reminds me... Ive never returned CGC labels.

Also...I bought a lot of 90's foil...off the shelf. 

Don't hate the player.

Those 90s foils are starting to make a comeback I think DC has done a few new Batman releases with those foils and saw some chrome do you Pooh or something…. 

On 12/2/2022 at 11:36 AM, marvelmaniac said:

I loved the complete storyline, bought most issues new, non-stop continuation from issues 1-75, Annuals 1-4 and one crossover (that affected the original storyline) Power Man and Iron Fist 73, almost everybody from the Marvel Universe appeared at one time or another and you did not need to but multiple titles to keep up, plus, I found the storyline to be very entertaining.

ROM-1-VF-NM9-0.jpg

ROM-23-Crossover-VF-NM-9-0.jpg

ROM-26-NM-9-2.jpg

ROM-75-NM-9-2.jpg

My favorite cover...

ROM-52-VF-NM-9-0.jpg

I have CGC 9.8s of the Power Man and Iron Fist book with Rom and Incredible Hulk 296, also with Rom.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:54 PM, Danno616 said:

As a kid in the 1970s, I used to arrange my comics like roads on the my bedroom floor and run Matchbox cars over them. Among those books, I'm sure, were Werewolf by Night 33 and ASM 135. I can neither confirm nor deny that Iron Fist 14 had Matchbox cars parked on it.

You, sir, were an intemperate child! (tsk)

On 12/2/2022 at 7:01 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Interesting.

Sounds like Howard Rogofsky.

Remember him well.

Times have changed.

I am not going to lie, I did a double-take here and had to check that the quote wasn't this one from a few posts earlier in the thread

Gaard said:

My wife once asked me to spread my comics on the floor so we could do the deed on them. She is now my ex-wife.