• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HipComic App - What do you think?

9 posts in this topic

I think it is a great idea. 

It will make collecting and keeping track of one's collection and prices so much easier.

If it worked! unfortunately lots (maybe half) of the prices either don't exist or are inaccurate - even on keys.

That was regarding the scan feature which is the best part.

Regarding the sales there there seems to be a lot of scammers? Right now there is an IH181 7.5 up for sale for $1400. In general prices there seem like we were in 2010 now...

On 12/5/2022 at 12:01 AM, joeypost said:

The way prices are being adjusted (hourly for some) it would be difficult for any app to be accurate. 

I would just like there to be prices. Many big keys even have no prices... My JLA1 6.0 has a value of $0.75 it says... yeah right.

If the prices are from last month or two months ago or even six months .. that would be more than good enough. Still it would allow us to track our collections fairly well, and we could then check individually if we wanted to sell or buy. 

Does anyone buy there? I probably haven't looked for 2 or 3 years, there are only 363 stores there now, which I don't think is much different then back then. Newkada has 168,000 listings and only seems to sell about 200 comics a month?

On 12/7/2022 at 4:59 AM, the blob said:

Does anyone buy there? I probably haven't looked for 2 or 3 years, there are only 363 stores there now, which I don't think is much different then back then. Newkada has 168,000 listings and only seems to sell about 200 comics a month?

No idea. I just got to know about them recently because they have this app which would be a game changer to keep track of my (and many others I'm sure) collection.

As the idea itself is just fine, but for the normal functioning of such a need just huge resources which of course can not be from the start. It's sad that even a good idea is stymied by the reality that presses on it.