• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attatching Repro Cover to Batman 121 without Restoration

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I recently picked up a batman 121 and got a repro cover with it. The book is missing it's cover AND it's centerfold, and i want to take it out of it's pgx case and get it to CGC. I should also note it's for the PC. My goal is to try and get a 0.5 green, 0.5 purple (gulp) or a NG blue, what I would really hate is a NG green. Do you guys have any advice as to what I should do to get the repro cover on without causing restoration? I believe it's considered restoration to remove the staples and put them through the repro cover, but I'm not sure so I wanted to ask the community. 

Thank you!

-Batman fan

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 10.44.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 10.45.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 10.46.10 AM.png

Edited by Colson McCullough

I wouldn't attach the repo cover. 

Place it over the interior pages so you can easily remove it.  Then you'll still get a blue label,  all be it "NR" (I think).  

Modifying a comic by attaching a reproduction cover isn't universally accepted. So if you ever try to sell a comic, you'll really hurt the eligible buyers.  But if you just slide the interiors into the repo cover,  and it can be easily removed should someone want to,  I would think there would be more appeal.