• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-man 265
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Another DeFalco candidate. Looks pretty solid, except the little light spot under the price box. My first though was that this was a small color rub. I throw a flashlight on it, and I'm not so sure. Looks like it still has gloss to it. Thoughts?

PXL_20221203_191316558.jpg

PXL_20221203_191323916.jpg

PXL_20221203_191339215.jpg

Looks like a color chip. I'd say it could still get a 9.4, certainly no lower than a 9.2

This issue was one of the first I got signed way back in '91 or '92.

826463856_AmazingSpider-Man265aRonFrenzsignature.thumb.jpg.d7af4daf2a1d36911e81bef7432bd7e3.jpg

Thanks for posting.

On 12/3/2022 at 5:34 PM, grendelbo said:

first I got signed way back in '91 or '92

to bad you'll get a Green Label of Death now. I was lucky no creators would come within 300 miles of where I lived in '91 to write on my comics.:grin:

Pretty sure I have a beat up copy in my childhood reading box. I know I bought this particular copy in the fairly recent past. 

On 12/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, scburdet said:

to bad you'll get a Green Label of Death

Nah, it's on the interior splash page. In this book's grade range it won't even matter. Still Universal were I to submit it.

I only went to three conventions as a kid and none as an adult.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:13 AM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

I guess they make some notation of ...( Romita JR. Autograph on inside cover

If it's on the cover and unverified, I don't think I've seen a blue label or any notation of who might have signed it. On the inside, I see blue labels and some notation of what the name is. It's not 100% clear to me if the internal signature is treated any differently than any other marks inside the book. The sigs on the margins that "doesn't affect story" wouldn't be a major defect regardless. Cynically, the internal signature doesn't have any impact on their bottom line with the signature series, and is treated thusly. If they started using yellow and blue labels on cover signatures, they'd be siphoning off potential business.