• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[$2526!] THE TIME HAS COME...THE THIRD ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY THREAD IS HERE! I'M SEEING TRIPLE! TRIPLE THE SEED MONEY! TRIPLE THE BOOKS! TRIPLE THE FUN!
3 3

83 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2022 at 5:27 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

It's confusing how people end up with books.

On 12/4/2022 at 7:34 AM, MR. Pontoon said:

I'm feeling rather

chumley.jpg

It's pretty simple really -- we currently have 5 books in the prize pool.  Top 5 donation pledges (no minimum, no maximum) pick which book they want when the thread closes, with highest pledge picking 1st, 2nd highest picks 2nd, etc.    

Some members participate for the books, some just want to toss in a few bucks toward the donation total.  Books go out to the top pledgers, money goes to the year's charity in the end. 

Start here to see how everything wrapped up last year, that should clear everything up:

@lizards2 @MR. Pontoon @DavidTheDavid - Good lord, I forgot to put the prize awarding structure in the opening post!  doh!  I've fixed that now, thank you for your confusion!  :foryou:

Edited by mattn792

Starting off the work week right with a Monday morning tally of $1016!  Didn't even take us 48 hours to cross the four figure threshold   :banana:

@143ksk continues to hold the high mark at $400
@SkOw has made his presence known with an opening entry of $301
@THE_BEYONDER currently holds the third spot at $30
@DavidTheDavid and the $10 he's added round out our leaderboard so far

And with the good news of my X-Men 6 selling this morning, I plan on adding a little more to our $275 seed money once that transaction is complete.

The work hysteria has finally ended :banana:

Our Thursday morning update shows things relatively unchanged from yesterday, though we have a new entrant on the leaderboard thanks to a generous donation from a sale of one of his books.

@SkOw made his presence known with an opening entry of $301, and is probably still lurking in wait  

@jbpez joins us at $200
@THE_BEYONDER currently holds the fourth spot at $30
@DavidTheDavid and the $10 he's added round out our leaderboard so far

With jb's addition, our total stands at $1256 at the current time. 

I also want to highlight a bit of info from DTD's post from yesterday -- "
Thanks to the generosity of a WCK donor, all donations made before December 31, 2022 will be matched, up to $10 million. Donate today and double your impact."  So unless the $10 mil mark has already been hit, our $1256 will immediately become $2512.  But let's aim higher!

Just about 24 hours left.  If you've been planning on putting in a few bucks or trying to knock one of these fine people off of our leaderboard, the proverbial clock is ticking!

@SkOw made his presence known with an opening entry of $301, and is probably still lurking in wait  

@jbpez joins us at $200
@THE_BEYONDER currently holds the fourth spot at $30
Austin Reece came looking for a piece of the action and is in at $25.

One day left, and our total stands at $1281 at the current time.  Remember folks, another donor is matching all donations to WCK from now to December 31, so let's make our presence known!

Edited by mattn792