• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
2 2

42 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2022 at 3:39 PM, RedGiant said:

The Great Comic Book Heroes - soft cover - pretty rough $5

IMG_0626.thumb.JPG.7ff4393f662ecdd27138804637014403.JPG

IMG_0627.thumb.JPG.74f82fe9dd026840ee5a49d58c96b00c.JPG

I bought the hard cover version of this at Valley River Mall around 1974ish.

On 12/3/2022 at 3:55 PM, RedGiant said:

two trades - $6 for both - great reads, good shape - Ex Machina 1 (BKV and Tony Harris) and Echo 1 (Terry Moore)

IMG_0637.thumb.JPG.806b508ef02b0e6ba60d1e96c81c0bb9.JPG

IMG_0638.thumb.JPG.fbe9c2ffbdb5fcb6acd4d120c4e485dc.JPG

take these two

On 12/4/2022 at 9:55 AM, RedGiant said:
On 12/4/2022 at 9:49 AM, lizards2 said:

I bought the hard cover version of this at Valley River Mall around 1974ish.

Must have made an impression, I can hardly remember last week, let alone almost 50 years ago.

Well I was young, maybe 12, 13 or 14, and at that time I could/can remember where I was when I bought certain books that made an impression. Like Avengers 93 I bought at a store in Gilchrist on the way to rabbit-hunting in Christmas Valley. Or Daredevil 81 when crabbing/fishing at Winchester Bay. Or Giant-Size X-Men number one at the last mini market store on the west side of Oakridge. Sub-Mariner 53 at a KOA in Washington on the way to fishing in British Columbia. Luke Cage 13 at the marina in Egmont, BC. Fear 12 at the west marina at Odell Lake on a kokanee fishing trip.

I remember buying my copy of Daredevil number 1 at a convention in Portland (not sure where it was located) but I remember it was $55. Got that along with "pristine mint" copies of Spider-man 16, 19 and 21, which blew my whole budget at the time. The dealers had a shop out in Milwaukie, so I haunted them for a while until I could scrape up enough money to pick up Daredevils 2, 4 and 5. 5 was a restored copy that had a piece out of the cover at the logo box - undisclosed, of course. I just replaced it with the Winnipeg copy about 10 years ago - the Winnipeg was a 9.0 CGC that I cracked out. I sold that restored 5 here on the boards to someone in Washington state, but the priority box got destroyed by the postal machines in shipping :p

On 12/4/2022 at 10:11 AM, lizards2 said:

Well I was young, maybe 12, 13 or 14, and at that time I could/can remember where I was when I bought certain books that made an impression. Like Avengers 93 I bought at a store in Gilchrist on the way to rabbit-hunting in Christmas Valley. Or Daredevil 81 when crabbing/fishing at Winchester Bay. Or Giant-Size X-Men number one at the last mini market store on the west side of Oakridge. Sub-Mariner 53 at a KOA in Washington on the way to fishing in British Columbia. Luke Cage 13 at the marina in Egmont, BC. Fear 12 at the west marina at Odell Lake on a kokanee fishing trip.

I remember buying my copy of Daredevil number 1 at a convention in Portland (not sure where it was located) but I remember it was $55. Got that along with "pristine mint" copies of Spider-man 16, 19 and 21, which blew my whole budget at the time. The dealers had a shop out in Milwaukie, so I haunted them for a while until I could scrape up enough money to pick up Daredevils 2, 4 and 5. 5 was a restored copy that had a piece out of the cover at the logo box - undisclosed, of course. I just replaced it with the Winnipeg copy about 10 years ago - the Winnipeg was a 9.0 CGC that I cracked out. I sold that restored 5 here on the boards to someone in Washington state, but the priority box got destroyed by the postal machines in shipping :p

It's crazy how some purchases just stick with you, I have a few of those myself, including some pick ups at Portland cons.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, habsfan1 said:
On 12/4/2022 at 10:11 AM, lizards2 said:

on the way to fishing in British Columbia.

They allowed you in Canada?  

That was shortly before I met the international moral event horizon.

Now, Crassus and I are not allowed in the same country at the same time.