• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Captain America: SamWilson 23
2 2

6 posts in this topic

8ish for the kind of color loss along the spine seems right to me. I'd hesitate to send CGC a modern like this b/c they could really hammer it compared to something from an earlier age where production wasn't as consistently good and books got handled more harshly.

The Answer is: Okay, this one confused me at first because I wasn't sure what was going on in the top left by the #23.  It looks like creasing/ticks, etc but then I realized it was actually part of the cover art.   With all that said, 8.0 seems about right for this one. :)

On 12/5/2022 at 3:23 PM, scburdet said:

8ish for the kind of color loss along the spine seems right to me. I'd hesitate to send CGC a modern like this b/c they could really hammer it compared to something from an earlier age where production wasn't as consistently good and books got handled more harshly.

Yes I agree. The newer the book the higher the expectations for the same grade.