• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

loose in holder

4 posts in this topic

I received a package on Friday, and two of the comics were loose in the cgc plastic.  The comics themselves were not loose; the plastic case the comics are in is sliding around in the bigger plastic case.  How does this get resolved?

• Administrator

Hello! We are sorry to hear that you received loose slabs. We would be happy to try to correct this for you. Please complete a new submission form and select the Mechanical Error option when prompted. Continue to follow the instructions given on the form and it will provide you with a return shipping label. Please note, that Mechanical Error submissions must be reported within two weeks of receiving the books from our facility. 

On 12/10/2022 at 4:27 AM, StillOnly25Cents said:

I’ve also noticed this with 2 books I just received back

I just chalked it up to a change by CGC to reduce incidents of Newton rings

Same with one of mine but no Newton Rings and it looks so clean and nice. Its safe in the inner well so a welcome change if you ask me. Unless of course people make it a habit of picking up and shaking their slabs?