• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most expensive Bronze age comic book
3 3

41 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2022 at 5:52 AM, Stylin' said:

Most expensive "What If?" issue of all time.

There is not a real wedding in the story , the wedding is a Peter dream sequence about marrying Gwen... The non canon series has some more interesting and scarce covers but market have decided that this is the "one"

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 12/6/2022 at 12:54 AM, steveinthecity said:

More accurate would be “Highest price paid for a CGC 6.5 comic from the 1970’s”.  2c

A 2.5 raw was also sold for $15,000 at Heritage recently so this is the the most expensive book of the bronze age until now but i see your point , there are not many copies and sales to compare with other bronze age titles. We will probably never see a 9.6 or a 9.8 

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 12/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, JGeezy87 said:
On 12/6/2022 at 8:40 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Tell me again why this book matters....

Are you upset or actually curious why it matters?

Why would I be upset ? ???

I’m genuinely curious why someone would pay so much for the book. 

On 12/6/2022 at 10:08 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why would I be upset ? ???

I’m genuinely curious why someone would pay so much for the book. 

Thats easy, this book has extreme high grade rarity, a ret-con connection to a huge Spiderman cannon event of the Bronze Age, and a very interesting licensing story that makes it a must have for any serious Spidey collector. Not to mention the appeal of the artists drawing of women in particular. Think about how interesting this is..... in the 70's the idealized American woman was a "twiggy" type. Skinny with no rear end at all. Mexico didn't have those problems in the 70's.... To think a Mexican idealized version of a popular 70's Spidey love interest would have more in common with the ideal woman body type of the 21st century than it did in the 70's. It all ties up in one interesting bow for the Spidey collector that has to have everything. Thats not even mentioning the culture ramifications for Mexican Americans. As a way through their hobby to re-connect culturally with their cultural roots? It is a no brainer.......

On 12/6/2022 at 3:27 PM, Define999 said:

Thats easy, this book has extreme high grade rarity, a ret-con connection to a huge Spiderman cannon event of the Bronze Age, and a very interesting licensing story that makes it a must have for any serious Spidey collector. Not to mention the appeal of the artists drawing of women in particular. Think about how interesting this is..... in the 70's the idealized American woman was a "twiggy" type. Skinny with no rear end at all. Mexico didn't have those problems in the 70's.... To think a Mexican idealized version of a popular 70's Spidey love interest would have more in common with the ideal woman body type of the 21st century than it did in the 70's. It all ties up in one interesting bow for the Spidey collector that has to have everything. Thats not even mentioning the culture ramifications for Mexican Americans. As a way through their hobby to re-connect culturally with their cultural roots? It is a no brainer.......

Is this Dylan?

On 12/6/2022 at 1:27 PM, Define999 said:

To think a Mexican idealized version of a popular 70's Spidey love interest would have more in common with the ideal woman body type of the 21st century than it did in the 70's.

I think I understand the butt of your argument.

FIWem2GWUAUzrbF.thumb.jpg.48afc1a503a570e817eee6c178a8b09e.jpg