• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pitch Me On A D-Lister
1 1

55 posts in this topic

We've all got our favourite character who never was. So pitch me on a 4 issue limited series starring that character. Feel free to reinvent them or tweak them in whatever way you see fit. It's YOUR book, after all! 

How do we define a d-Lister? For the sake of argument let's say someone who never starred in their own named book that lasted over 25 issues, and has never starred in a TV show or movie. So say the character was Hourman 3, he'd be fine because while he did star in his own Hourman series, it lasted less than 25 issues, and he's never been starred in a TV show or movie as a starring character on a regular basis. I couldn't however, use Hourman 2, because while he's never had his own series he did star in the Stargirl television series. 

Edited by Cat

On 12/6/2022 at 2:46 AM, KirbyJack said:

Spurs Jackson and his Space Vigilantes! Cowboys battling Nazis…on the moon! Okay, I know what you’re thinking; needs a gimmick.

You’re gonna love this one. The Nazis are zombies! And to beat them, Spurs and his posse have to become werewolves…on the moon! It all comes to a big finish when our heroes use robot horses to round up the nazi/zombies and put them in a spaceship to the planet Krypton! Which, of course, sets up our superhero sequel!

Tell me you love it!

Could do with a bit more going on, though. Seems a bit decompressed.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I've always thought of "Slug" as a rather unique character.  Slug is certainly not the name one would normally hang on a teen girl, even in the non-PC 1940s.  I've often wondered if she was the inspiration for "Big Ethel" Muggs of Archie/Riverdale fame.  hm  Unfortunately, Slug appeared in seven issues of Hap Hazard Comics during 1946-47, so her shelf life was a bit longer than your spec.  :cry:

Hap-11x8.thumb.jpg.9cb4c9f0987e72adf9b20673c4d23ea6.jpg

On 12/6/2022 at 1:30 PM, zzutak said:

I've always thought of "Slug" as a rather unique character.  Slug is certainly not the name one would normally hang on a teen girl, even in the non-PC 1940s.  I've often wondered if she was the inspiration for "Big Ethel" Muggs of Archie/Riverdale fame.  hm  Unfortunately, Slug appeared in seven issues of Hap Hazard Comics during 1946-47, so her shelf life was a bit longer than your spec.  :cry:

Hap-11x8.thumb.jpg.9cb4c9f0987e72adf9b20673c4d23ea6.jpg

She's fine, as long as she wasn't the star of her own series that lasted more than 25 issues. 

On 12/5/2022 at 8:05 PM, Cat said:

We've all got our favourite character who never was. So pitch me on a 4 issue limited series starring that character. Feel free to reinvent them or tweak them in whatever way you see fit. It's YOUR book, after all! 

How do we define a d-Lister? For the sake of argument let's say someone who never started in their own named book that lasted over 25 issues, and has never starred in a TV show or movie

Are you just tweaking the Gambit fans? (tsk)

On 12/6/2022 at 4:36 AM, grendelbo said:

Can the universe get beyond it's prejudices and biases to accept 12, not 11, essential vitamins and 9, not 8, needed minerals?

Yup. It's an important question, all too frequently ignored.

Progress is being made, but still not enough.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:36 PM, grendelbo said:

Major Inapak never got his due.

1915112266_MajorInapaktheSpaceAce1.thumb.jpg.4c69bf847f27afb0a6e7dc69cc238ea5.jpg

When an intergalactic conspiracy has allowed the universe's supply of Zadocian Sabertooth Cow milk to spoil, Major Inapak has only a few stellar days to find the fabled Olexas Giant Goat-Spider, capable of lactating millions of gallons of milk every hour. Time is essential as trillions of species are dangerously close to resorting to self-cannibalism after being left with no milk to combine with the soylent green of the 24th century - Inapak Chocolate Powder.

Meanwhile, the Major's trusty kid sidekick, Corporal Cody, must take the darkest of all journeys - into his own regressed psyche - in order to find the answer to the question plaguing alien kind. Can the universe get beyond it's prejudices and biases to accept 12, not 11, essential vitamins and 9, not 8, needed minerals?

A four-issue limited series.

Guest starring Vampirella as the Milky Way president and Rick Grimes as Isakan farmer #2.

Illustrated by Rob Liefeld.

Published by Charlton Comics.

Who demoted Commander Cody?

On 12/5/2022 at 10:20 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Who demoted Commander Cody?

If the four-issue limited series is successful, reader's will learn more about Cody's recent history in the prequel one-shot.

Tasked with delivering the hollow moon, Gala, to Zadocia for refilling, Cody unwittingly allows a Neoman space worm, known for their lactose intolerance, into the satellite's core. Demoted for negligence of duty by the Space Aces, Cody must piece together a mystery and discover who sabotaged and framed him for the spoilage of a moonit of Zadocian Sabertooth Cow milk.

Guest starring the Flaming Carrot as Quantum Frigate Captain Jake and Patsy Walker as party girl #3.

Illustrated by Robert Crumb.

Edited by grendelbo

On 12/6/2022 at 5:47 AM, grendelbo said:

Guest starring the Flaming Carrot

Strangely enough I was trying to figure out who your writing influences are, and I was thinking Bob Burden for one.

I'm waiting for the appearance of Bondo Man, The Man of Living Bondo.

Edited by Ken Aldred