• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 'This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable' Has Been Shocking Lately
3 3

181 posts in this topic

Anyone else had major problems with this the last few days? It's happening to me literally every time I check the boards, and frankly I'm sick of it. It's extremely irritating. It just goes down for me for a few minutes at a time, but it's enough to irritate the hell out of me. 'This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable.' Yet I come back and there's new content, so it can't have been board-wide, right? 

@CGC Mike is this something that's on the known bug list? 

On 12/6/2022 at 6:05 PM, Cat said:

Anyone else had major problems with this the last few days? It's happening to me literally every time I check the boards, and frankly I'm sick of it. It's extremely irritating. It just goes down for me for a few minutes at a time, but it's enough to irritate the hell out of me. 'This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable.' Yet I come back and there's new content, so it can't have been board-wide, right? 

@CGC Mike is this something that's on the known bug list? 

Since you tagged him and he'll read it anyway, @CGC Mike here is the last thread of this

On 12/7/2022 at 10:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Since you tagged him and he'll read it anyway, @CGC Mike here is the last thread of this

Thanks Addy, I'll give that a read. 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:30 PM, CGC Mike said:

Web help has tried to implement an update; however, they have run into technical issues and are currently working with Invision to get it resolved.

As always thanks for relaying, as something is better than nothing. It all requires patience is an irony I'm becoming aware of lol

:cheers:

On 12/7/2022 at 11:30 AM, CGC Mike said:

Web help has tried to implement an update; however, they have run into technical issues and are currently working with Invision to get it resolved.

Thanks for the update, Mike. This is just a frustrating one. 

In addition to what Cat notes, on several occasions the "system" has logged me off the boards but not the registry. To access the boards again I have to log off the registry and log on again.

Edit: I will mention that perhaps CGC is giving me a hint. :popcorn:

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe

On 12/7/2022 at 3:26 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

In addition to what Cat notes, on several occasions the "system" has logged me off the boards but not the registry. To access the boards again I have to log off the registry and log on again.

Yeah.  Super annoying.  I’m signed into the boards, but when I go to use any ‘resources’, I have to sign in again.  Why are these 2 sections separate?  

On 12/7/2022 at 3:26 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

And here I thought it was just me :ohnoez:

On 12/7/2022 at 2:26 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Speaking of which, the registry has been down since yesterday about 2 pm central time. I started a thread in the registry forum, but no response @CGC Mike

On 12/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@wytshus we're back to the registry being down :cheers: 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Still dwon 6 hours later.

I guess I was the onky one to notice? Haha I'm sure, someone is going to start a new thread and miss this one :roflmao:

On 12/7/2022 at 9:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of which, the registry has been down since yesterday about 2 pm central time. I started a thread in the registry forum, but no response @CGC Mike

On 12/7/2022 at 10:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes.

"An error occurred during your last request. The error was logged and will be reported to the webmaster automatically.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience."

On 12/7/2022 at 10:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh wow, I just assumed it was my flakey firewall here at work blocking me, out of the blue. Good to know!

On 12/7/2022 at 2:42 AM, Cat said:

I still get that one too, on a weekly basis. I've had it for so long I've just learned to live with it. I'd love for it to be fixed too. 

I know everyone's usage of computer systems varies from "very little" to "frequent" to "all-day long" - but I have noticed a systemic loss in usability across a wide variety of technology. It sounds kind of like a mix between 'The Sky is Falling' and 'I'm An Old Man' syndrome, but I'm pretty convinced that all-things-connected don't really work the way they used to. My profession had me working online from the late 90s to 2015, and the failure of how things functioned then is nothing compared to how poorly everything works now. Granted, there are WAY more compatibility issues now with all the variations of technology. We've had to practically go retro tech for several of our business components because technology just doesn't work as well as they advertise it does.