• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 'This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable' Has Been Shocking Lately
3 3

181 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/7/2022 at 10:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of which, the registry has been down since yesterday about 2 pm central time. I started a thread in the registry forum, but no response @CGC Mike

I'll give web help a heads up, in case they are not aware of the problem.

• Administrator
On 12/7/2022 at 10:32 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 12/7/2022 at 10:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of which, the registry has been down since yesterday about 2 pm central time. I started a thread in the registry forum, but no response @CGC Mike

Yes.

"An error occurred during your last request. The error was logged and will be reported to the webmaster automatically.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience."

This is from web help:

Yesterday we did a go live at 2pm. I would suggest the customer log out of their account, clear their cache and cookies and log back in. This should fix the issue. I suspect they have had the same window open since the go live. 

On 12/7/2022 at 11:26 AM, CGC Mike said:

This is from web help:

Yesterday we did a go live at 2pm. I would suggest the customer log out of their account, clear their cache and cookies and log back in. This should fix the issue. I suspect they have had the same window open since the go live. 

uh no, I've logged out several times @F For Fake I'll try clearing cookies, as I had it logged in when it errored, but other than that I've logged out and in for 24 hours, but hadn't cleared cookies as I never do that lol I'll give it a shout,but

I wasn't alone in this thread with the outage :cheers: the likelihood that is what it "is" , is doubtful, but I'll try

On 12/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

uh no, I've logged out several times @F For Fake I'll try clearing cookies, as I had it logged in when it errored, but other than that I've logged out and in for 24 hours, but hadn't cleared cookies as I never do that lol I'll give it a shout,but

I wasn't alone in this thread with the outage :cheers: the likelihood that is what it "is" , is doubtful, but I'll try

@CGC Mike and of course it works!!! now how to figure out how to clear cookies on a phone @F For Fake I guess we lose the "smart intelligent" award lol @Tec-Tac-Toe

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/7/2022 at 11:26 AM, CGC Mike said:

This is from web help:

Nope, that won't fix it "web help."  I clear out my cache and cookies every night on my browser and to make sure my laptop gets a thorough cleaning, I use WebRoot Security to root out and clear out everything.  This morning, I'm still having the same issue with a fresh new session.

Furthermore, this statement ...

I suspect they have had the same window open since the go live.

... is pretty darn condescending.

On 12/7/2022 at 11:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 12/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@CGC Mike and of course it works!!! now how to figure out how to clear cookies on a phone @F For Fake I guess we lose the "smart intelligent" award lol @Tec-Tac-Toe

Edited just now by ADAMANTIUM

I thought it had fixed it, but no it DID NOT

I was able to see my Control Panel on my laptop when clearing everything, but then tried it on my phone and it did not work :( 

THen went back to laptop and got that message again @CGC Mike

On 12/7/2022 at 11:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

image.thumb.png.a32fc4e6112518001a3c1c34fb00c5b1.png

Cleared the cookies and cache on my browser.  Rebooted the laptop.  Logged back in and still I receive:

An error occurred during your last request. The error was logged and will be reported to the webmaster automatically.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

On 12/7/2022 at 11:51 AM, workingdog said:

Cleared the cookies and cache on my browser.  Rebooted the laptop.  Logged back in and still I receive:

An error occurred during your last request. The error was logged and will be reported to the webmaster automatically.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

not to be a prickly pear, but it says it was "reported to the webmaster"......

I guess they just ignored it for near 24 hours? lol 

ghostbusters keymaster Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

On 12/7/2022 at 12:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

not to be a prickly pear, but it says it was "reported to the webmaster"......

I guess they just ignored it for near 24 hours? lol 

ghostbusters keymaster Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

I know, right?!?  This IT Team doesn't seem to have enough checks and balances in place when something on the website isn't working properly.  Just let the customer find the problem before they do.

On 12/7/2022 at 2:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

image.thumb.png.f3805fd30734ebf71ffd33622b9fbb5c.png @CGC Mikeeven a different web browser and nothing....

It works for @Iconic1s so I'm not sure, just passing it along, as it's "new" info @workingdog

I too have tried different browsers.  I primarily use FireFox and that's where I first saw the error.  Then I tried Chrome and even Microsoft Edge and still received the same error page.

Edited by workingdog

On 12/7/2022 at 2:23 PM, workingdog said:

I too have tried different browsers.  I primarily use FireFox and that's where I first saw the error.  Then I tried Chrome and even Microsoft Edge and still received the same error page.

And it does it on my laptop, phone, and tablet. I could see one not being able to log in due to it being "my issue" but not all devices across multiple browsers idk :sorry:

Evidently iconics boardie works, but we're not alone, we are the "two" lol

I squinted when the webmaster replied "that user" needs to clear cookies,  as if I was the onky one so idk

Edit to say, I don't think I'm the only one, but I'm not sure anymore

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I would suggest the customer log out of their account, clear their cache and cookies and log back in. This should fix the issue. I suspect they have had the same window open since the go live. 

lol you have no idea ho many times a day I say/send this to users. This such a standard IT response. :insane:

On 12/7/2022 at 4:00 PM, universal soldier said:

lol you have no idea ho many times a day I say/send this to users. This such a standard IT response. :insane:

I updated in the registry thread I had started last time this happened, but I'll update here:

If me and working dog, the other boardie whose is messed up, log in it immediately says the error. That said we can update our registry through the set manager. It is only our control panel part of the registry that creates the error. Still needs to be fixed, but I tagged admin since it is "new information." Other boardies who've responded say theirs work fine so idk

• Administrator
On 12/7/2022 at 5:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It is only our control panel part of the registry that creates the error.

Web help has asked what the people were doing before getting this error?  3 people from web help clicked through the registry, and didn't encounter any error.  I did the same, and could not find an error either.

I will pass the quoted part along to them and see what they say.  Any other info is appreciated.