• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 'This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable' Has Been Shocking Lately
3 3

181 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2022 at 7:28 PM, CGC Mike said:

Web help has asked what the people were doing before getting this error?  3 people from web help clicked through the registry, and didn't encounter any error.  I did the same, and could not find an error either.

I will pass the quoted part along to them and see what they say.  Any other info is appreciated.

Please just read this thread, where we tagged you, I figured it out and helped two boardies who are also having this problem. One other boardie reported no problem though.

I've had temporary outage trying to give you this response for 5 minutes, very frustrating to even get someone to belive us? It feels that way, even though you can't replicate it. :sorry:

:(

Read the thread the tags where @Iconic1s says he's fine. Me @workingdog and one other are. I figured out that it was just the control panel. I was logged into the registry working around 2 pm Tuesday Dec 6th 2022. All of a sudden I couldn't. How am I supposed to know when it went live, I'm central time you are Florida I Have no Idea (shrug)

Lol Just read the tags and the thread. :cheers:

Maybe they somehow know what they were doing 

On 12/7/2022 at 8:03 PM, CGC Mike said:

I sent that to web help.

Proof of 5 minute lag, and 9 minute separate double post by a boardi I'm noticing lately too lol

I know, I know, it's not you Mike, it's just not us either lol

I'm trying patience, it's a little bit helpful to vent sometimes too. I hope you get that too, as you are the only help we have. I was lucky in helping people work on their registry today, I hope that counts or helps for something. It'll get resolved Lord willing and I know that. I'll try to jump out of the free fall lol so just the first and the last screenshot to spare our feelings.

Screenshot_20221207-200212_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-194503_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-195201_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry @CGC Mike

I couldn't provide these earlier due to temporary error pages.

Here is hours ago proof. I've tried clearing cache on devices, deep virus scans and updates. I tried asking around and onky tagged you when I had new information. Disconcerting that they weren't read until now, but patience  lol

Here as much in one post as possible 

Screenshot_20221207-200212_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-203009_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-203051_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-203113_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-203121_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-203128_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-203134_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-203140_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-203140_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 12/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, Cat said:

Are the boards really slow and particularly error-ridden today, or is it just me? 

Ya and basically some of my screenshots are doubles, I tried but such is the patience I can muster to post lol

Basically had been said, and I was able to help; although I really don't think the problem was on our end, the administration not being able to replicate to diagnose is another issue. :(

Basically tried anti-virus and updating, along with clearing cache lol

But not being alone I've found solace, I had tagged everyone earlier, I really hesitated to do it again. They were helped, but a question of what I was doing when the "control panel stopped working" left me confused.

And I've been the only one to respond. Best I can say is that I was logged in to the registry 1pm my time which would be 2pm Florida time when they went live. I'm at a lost to doing what specifically. Slow night, so I apologize for being long winded. :cheers:

On 12/7/2022 at 5:00 PM, universal soldier said:

I would suggest the customer log out of their account, clear their cache and cookies and log back in. This should fix the issue. I suspect they have had the same window open since the go live. 

lol you have no idea ho many times a day I say/send this to users. This such a standard IT response. :insane:

Hmmm. Did you try unplugging it, and plugging it back in?

On 12/8/2022 at 8:29 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Well, at least not be able to access the registry is saving me comic book money by "preventing" me from purchasing more CGC graded comic books. ... ... ... For now! lol

Ha! I was scrambling cause I had already purchased some before the hiccup in software lol

I'll have to see where it leads!  :ohnoez: