• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please remove this thread. Many Thanks!

25 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2022 at 1:45 AM, Overthetopinc said:

I apologize for posting this in the wrong section.

Like I said I fear the worst here.

I exchanged emails awhile back on April 8. She was in a great deal of pain and alone with no one to help her. It was slowing her down big time to create art.

Keep her in your prayers she's a really good person. Life has dealt her some harsh blows. I don't have Facebook so I don't know what her last post was.

🍇 🦍 

The same kind of question I'm asking myself currently is : where is John Byrne ?

His forum Byrne Robotics is down since a few weeks. Maybe Byrne finally realized he was indeed retired, and decided it was the time to let his forum down and go to a (paradise) island in the sun.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:36 AM, Ecclectica said:

The same kind of question I'm asking myself currently is : where is John Byrne ?

His forum Byrne Robotics is down since a few weeks. Maybe Byrne finally realized he was indeed retired, and decided it was the time to let his forum down and go to a (paradise) island in the sun.

72 now, wealthy, living the quiet life, albeit a little frustrated (imho). The 2019 SyFy interview on YouTube speaks loudly.

On 12/7/2022 at 4:32 PM, KirbyCollector said:

72 now, wealthy, living the quiet life, albeit a little frustrated (imho). The 2019 SyFy interview on YouTube speaks loudly.

I think Elsewhen really helped him to "scratch a big itch" as he more or less said, so to lower this frustration.

Anyway, if he really decided to go, he should have, at least, told his fans first, instead of just, as far as I can see, turn down the thing (if it is what it is, after all - his website down been maybe simply the result of a nightmarish technical issue...)

If it was only the same case for Conny Valentina...

Edited by Ecclectica

On 12/7/2022 at 8:55 AM, Overthetopinc said:

I am very sorry to say that I was talking to her everyday on facebook up to a week ago then it stopped abruptly. The Hospital contacted me and I am afraid she is no longer with us but they would only tell me so much.

Oh no. That is unfortunate. She mentioned an illness in that article I posted in the other thread, was she having problems related to that - or something worse?

On 12/7/2022 at 9:01 PM, gumbydarnit said:

Byrne is still posting on his site. He has made a couple posts today. Now if you go there to see new Byrne art, yes you'll be dissapointed... he has kinda retired from drawing.

?!?!

Am I the only one to see "403 Forbidden" when I validate "https://www.byrnerobotics.com/" in my browser adress field ?

Maybe I'm missing something here...  ???

On 12/7/2022 at 11:06 PM, Twanj said:

Yes.

Works for me.

I discussed recently with other people around here in my country (France) who have the same problem. Thank you for the reply. I will try to figure out what is happening. Glad to see JB is still exchanging with his fans (for new drawings, well, he deserves to rest : he produced so much in his life !) 

On 12/10/2022 at 1:23 PM, grapeape said:

A word of caution. Trust but verify.

Thank you for this Grape. I don’t know Conny but know who she is so I was reluctant to point out how fishy this all is. To go from dead to alright to coma? I’d be cautious about any money solicitation. 

Thanks for the update, Grape - it would be nice to have legit updates as they come out. My very brief interaction with her years ago left a positive impression - I'm sure those closer to her feel for her much more keenly.

On 12/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, John E. said:

Thank you for this Grape. I don’t know Conny but know who she is so I was reluctant to point out how fishy this all is. To go from dead to alright to coma? I’d be cautious about any money solicitation. 

That's where I'm going with this. I let Tatiana Dykes know about this and also let her know that she could be contacted to help sell again for Conny. Tatiana is very smart. She helped Conny after the fire. She'd only get involved if she could verify with Conny I'm sure.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, grapeape said:

I would ask that everyone so inclined to do so pray for Conny to recover and gain health.Thanks to the thread poster who genuinely wanted to find out about Conny.

A word of caution. Trust but verify. When I learned that Conny was social media silent I emailed her the day of this post at her email address where we've communicated before all this happened.

I did get an email back from someone identifying as a nurse. They claim Conny is in a coma but gave the ok before the coma to read and respond on her behalf. It was too difficult for Conny to type or speak for any length of time.

Since this post came out "information"

• Conny died

• Conny in coma

• I traded messages  with Conny

All I can say is I have no verifiable information. I have not talked to Conny personally and am aware a "nurse" is responding on her phone and other media. Everything in the communications Ive had seem to be of genuine desire to help Conny. But I don't know who is communicating on her behalf. They may want to help but not get in trouble.

What is probably true is if Conny survives she will need support as she apparently has no family help. I'm sure she'll have massive medical bills. Any "verifiable" ways to help I will pass on to the community. Many of you were great with the Go Fund Me in 2019.

Anyone who has met or communicated with Conny I think it's fair to say adores her. Just a lovely human being from my experiences over many years. She's a very talented artist. She loves animals. (I heard neighbors are caring for her pets) She loves collecting and sharing the art of many of the talented artists we feature on CAF and speak on here at CGC. The house fire destroyed a lot of that enjoyment. Not to mention her illness.

For the near future be skeptical of who you are communicating with until we have proof Conny is on her feet. "Helper" may mean well but the anonymity of communicating behind media puts us all at a disadvantage.

Merry Christmas and warm Holiday greetings to all of you. I'm happy to believe my friend is alive. I'm thankful for all that I have.

🍇 🦍 

I appreciate your concern but who ever said she died? I simply wanted to know if anyone had heard her since the only one I heard from was the hospital saying they could not give me that kind of information if she was with us or not. I said I feared the worst but never said she was dead. Hence why I turned to this community.