• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men #1 With 2 Holes Punched

6 posts in this topic

I hated to have to make decisions like this when it came to buying books.

I have a couple of books that have holes punched in them, however, I do not have my books graded.

Journey-Into-Mystery-41-FR1-0.jpg

Journey-Into-Mystery-41-FN-6-5-EXCEPT.jp

Journey-Into-Mystery-46-FR1-0.jpg

Journey-Into-Mystery-46-FN-5-5-EXCEPT.jp

I collect for nostalgia and to complete runs, I collected on a budget so anything that got me the book at a lower cost was fine by me, I bought all of my books including all of my keys in the 80's/90's/ early 2000's before the prices became ridiculous and before the MCU was a thing, I have only spent over $100.00 twice ($125.00 and $130.00) for a comic book so I cannot really relate to spending $5000.00.

I have seen (online) higher grade books (VF 8.0) with binder holes come back from CGC with a GD 2.0 Blue Label.

Having said that it all depends on what you are willing to live with, it is a lower grade book (GD 2.0 at best), if the binder holes/aesthetic appeal do not bother you...

The question becomes will this book receive a GD 2.0 or will CGC knock down the grade to a GD- 1.8 or FR/GD 1.5, if they do knock the grade down...An X-Men 1 CGC FR/GD 1.5 recently sold at auction for $4600.00. (25 bids/15 bidders/3 retractions).

On 12/8/2022 at 11:10 PM, tomdeets said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204179522426?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=x7wcsLjrRNG&sssrc=

Thinking about buying this and getting it graded, can't imagine it'd get better than a 2.0 but I feel like it's worth it. Just wanted to get some opinions before spending so much money.

I'd request more pictures and other information before thinking about purchasing this book...