• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trade Value Question?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

This may sound like a ridiculous question so go easy! But I'm looking to trade a copy of FF52 (not through a LCS but to other collectors) but as I always usually buy not trade is it as simple as pricing it roughly to the grade it fits and work off that or is trade value lower than FMV? Once again I know it sounds ridiculous but I'd rather ask! :)

On 12/9/2022 at 7:43 AM, ARyan_ said:

This may sound like a ridiculous question so go easy! But I'm looking to trade a copy of FF52 (not through a LCS but to other collectors) but as I always usually buy not trade is it as simple as pricing it roughly to the grade it fits and work off that or is trade value lower than FMV? Once again I know it sounds ridiculous but I'd rather ask! :)

If you're trading with another collector, all that matters is that both trade partners are satisfied with the outcome. Obviously, you will both want the outcome of the trade to be fair - or better - for you.

It only makes sense that both parties would assign FMVs to whatever items they're trading, and seek to receive close in value to what you give away.

"Cash" can sometimes be involved in trades, such as a 1-for-1 in which one of the traders gets a higher-value book. Those can be tricky, deciding when the one party sends the money.

Good luck in your trade search!

On 12/9/2022 at 5:43 AM, ARyan_ said:

Tell people you have the book and want to trade for it. Post pictures and wait for offers. When you get an offer you like, take it. Don't accept offers you don't like.

It's really not that complicated.