• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you post all your art on caf or just select pieces?
4 4

116 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2022 at 6:55 PM, RBerman said:

The hub of our hobby. Sign up!

https://www.comicartfans.com/

It was a joke.  Thank you, it's just not my type of thing.

Great responses so far. 

I got to thinking and I wonder if some of mine, or other’s reluctance, might be from previous general comments made when a particular page publicly sells. Like “paid too much”, “can’t believe that page went for so ….(insert “little” or a “lot”), or “that’s not a very good example “ etc.  etc  

I’m all for sharing, but it’s just as easy to keep a digital record on a phone or computer as it is on a public website ( for the record keeping part). 

that said I do love to browse the caf, so maybe I will post more down the road. 

On 12/11/2022 at 4:28 AM, G.A.tor said:

I got to thinking and I wonder if some of mine, or other’s reluctance, might be from previous general comments made when a particular page publicly sells. Like “paid too much”, “can’t believe that page went for so ….(insert “little” or a “lot”), or “that’s not a very good example “ etc.  etc  

I don't recall seeing comments re: price on CAF.  Definitely not as much as on these boards. 

I use to post a lot of my stuff mostly because I liked sharing it, seeing comments, etc. but stopped and actually pulled most stuff.  My reasoning is it got tiresome from the DMs from people saying stuff like "this pieces isn't really good but I will take it off your hands for $xxx which you should be glad to get plus you have other examples", "wow, I have wanted that piece for over 20 years, would you part with it for $xx?"  I sold one piece to a guy for almost nothing because he had the page before mine and it would complete his collecting goals only to watch the two pieces be auctioned on CLINK a couple of months later.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, batman_fan said:

I use to post a lot of my stuff mostly because I liked sharing it, seeing comments, etc. but stopped and actually pulled most stuff.  My reasoning is it got tiresome from the DMs from people saying stuff like "this pieces isn't really good but I will take it off your hands for $xxx which you should be glad to get plus you have other examples", "wow, I have wanted that piece for over 20 years, would you part with it for $xx?"  I sold one piece to a guy for almost nothing because he had the page before mine and it would complete his collecting goals only to watch the two pieces be auctioned on CLINK a couple of months later.

Any Phantom Stranger art? It's not going anywhere; I've had pieces for over 40 years.