• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you post all your art on caf or just select pieces?
4 4

116 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2023 at 3:33 PM, fenip said:

I do share most of my art on CAF an also on 2DG (most Europeans flock there). It also helps to connect with other collectors and I certainly helped to acquire some pieces. And sometimes a comment gives new information on a piece...

2DG? interesting I've never heard from that sight but will check it out.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:37 AM, timguerrero said:

2DG? interesting I've never heard from that sight but will check it out.

2D Galleries.

In my experience, unless you speak or post in French, you'll be met with little to no interaction from other users. And the pool is a pin drop in an ocean compared to the site activity on CAF.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:29 AM, Phill the Governor said:

2D Galleries.

In my experience, unless you speak or post in French, you'll be met with little to no interaction from other users. And the pool is a pin drop in an ocean compared to the site activity on CAF.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476medfssvfr5qjjomzj

On 1/22/2023 at 4:46 PM, Hulk213 said:

I've just started uploading the art I have collected to CAF. More will be added. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=35663

I think I'm the only one on here that collects the Hulk. And Sal Buscema is the best comic book artist ever. 

Glad to see more Hulk art being posted - and, no - you aren't the only. And YES, Sal is my favorite comic book artist ever as well

Edited by JadeGiant

On 12/11/2022 at 9:41 PM, Xatari said:

"The More You Know!"  

They aren't for everyone for sure, but I enjoy chatting art with Bill and Dinesh for a few hours several times throughout the year.  I find that rhythm helps keep me on track to post and keeps me accountable.  Additionally, I am grateful for what Bill has done for the community, and it's a nice way to give back with new content.

Getting ready to do another live youtube chat with Bill and Dinesh on Tuesday, March 7.  Will post a link once I have it.  It's been a bit since I uploaded, so I'll be adding in a lot of new art and talking through some of the pieces on the show.  

I know "first appearance art" isn't for everyone, but for those interested, there will be some fun examples.

On 1/17/2023 at 9:29 AM, Phill the Governor said:

2D Galleries.

This could be but its a great site for expanding my artistic horizons. I love browsing the plethora of art and artists posted there that I have never heard of before. Even better seeing the jaw dropping asking prices on some of these same artists. 

On 3/7/2023 at 7:35 PM, Xatari said:

I just finished loading up all my pieces for this evening. Hope some of you can join. I have some fun stuff that I’ve never made public. 11 pieces total, all new to CAF. I believe Dinesh has another 11-12 to show as well. 

Cool

At this point, I find it to be a daunting task to try to post what I have. 
it took me all day to catalog pieces, artists , issue/page , cost etc. 

photo and detail on caf seems to time consuming now. 

I've slowed down on both buying and posting. I suspect reasons for not posting fall into three buckets (for most)

ONE

No excuse not to post - I had a great X-Men #201 page that I sold via CLink last year - it was never on CAF. I can't speak to why I didn't post it. It represented a bunch of firsts for me: first Marvel page, first nostalgia page, first and only Leonardi page. I took plenty of photos but felt I never properly captured the image and so never felt the urge to share. 

On the other hand...

TWO

Posting the page only reinforces the already established theme on my CAF - I bought a glorious page last fall - the story behind the purchase is as epic as the page and I'll treasure the page forever...I've shared the page with a handful of collector friends, via email and text, so I could cut and paste a very long description that would accompany the page should I post it on CAF. But the page doesn't really offer any further insights into my collection.

THREE

First looks, wow factor - I've got art framed in the home office,I love my framed art but they've become commonplace artwork that I'm looking at every day. Conversely, art in my portfolio hits me harder when I pull the portfolios down from the closet shelves. Furthermore, the portfolio art that ISN'T on my CAF really stops me in my tracks. 

Maybe you can identify with one or all of the above. Let me know if there is a reason I missed.