• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Johana Hex for beginners ?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I've always enjoyed the western books and certainly collected the original Jonah Hex series, but the run started in 2005 was a much, much better read. Most of the run is available in tpb and you really can't go wrong. It's been awhile, but many arcs had really nice Phil Noto and Jordi Bernet (legendary European artist) art. That's where I discovered Jordi Benet's work and became a huge fan. They also had stand alone stories by Darwyn Cook, Brian Steelfreeze, Jeff Lemire, Eduardo Risso and many others. Can't go wrong with it.

Start with the Jonah Hex DC Showcase Presents VOL 1. Fantastic read, reprints All Star Western 10 his first appearance as well as the Weird Western Tale books. All important Hex books. It’s OP but you can get them on eBay, Amazon and other places. Jonah Hex is one of  my favourite comic books, all excellent reads. The covers are all fantastic, each month we couldn’t wait to see the new cover.