• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help have a question. on a comic journey into mystery #83 on grading

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone Im just a young man that loves to collect comics ever since my father left me his collection from 60's and 70's 80's.  I came across last week a comic Journey into mystery #83 that only had the the inside complete story all pages  the 1st  and 2nd page are detached from the rest of the pages which are still on the staples but its all their.  but is flat really flat and in good shape for its age... so its missing the cover front and back...    Now it just so happens my dad had also in the collection in another box he has a cover of the same comic journey into mystery #83 front & back.   now I'm not a grader or professional. but it seems not to be to the same comic   or it is I'm not sure..  now after seeing what their going for I said I have to submit and grade this...        I'm talking a lot...  QUESTION IS   should I / can I submit this and put the inside complete story all pages inside the original cover my dad had and just submit it as one comic and not be a considered a reconstruction would leave like the two pages  just add the cover detached and old ??  how would this look to CGC for grading?     or should I just send them separately to be graded?    be nice to have it all together   I'm going for a 2.0. low expectations. 

be nice to hear also from CGC grading directly on this question and hear their suggestions

thank you for your time and looking forward to your responses.   

so the quest

journey into mystery #83.jpg

inside Journey into mystery #83 .jpg

back journey into mystery #83.jpg

Edited by Comics4Stone
miss spelling sry

I would check out the Staple alignment. On the cover you can usually tell where the staples would have my been. See if that placements aligns with your coverless.  If it does. You've likely got the original cover. 

You can put the pieces together and submit. But with the separated interior wraps it might be hard to get a 2.0 

If the cover isn't original, then you can still submit it. You'll have a "married" copy. When you submit it, you'll get a qualified (green) label that will note the marriage. Basically they grade as though it was original and complete, but use the green label so collectors know something is off. The label will say "married cover" or "first and second wrap detached". 

Edited by KCOComics