• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tashen the Fantastic worlds of Frank Frazetta JAN 6,2023...50 years in the making

81 posts in this topic

496 extra large  world class clear pages..THE Frank Frazetta book for all time.Retail is $200 if you shop it right on Amazon it could go as low as $150........ Over the years I have gradually come to the understanding that FF and his incredible body of work might not ever be unsurpassed. Yes I know his OA sold for over 5 million( great one) and with the publication of this book,which will be distributed to a number of high $$$$ art collectors...do not be surprised to see a significant  OA price jump on everything and especially  the "good stuff".  If you were ever on the fence to buy an original FF...do it before Jan 6, 2023  Tashen is big time.... I have met the author and she is fantastic....as you can see from some of the photos of the book, it is gonna contain stuff NEVER published before as well as a clarity of his painting that is unsurpassed. I like the Painting of FF and of course the price on that book was just unbeatable at $39..and I bought collectors from David Spurlock at $69 for money spot on deal...now I know the notes were a bit off and some claim the paintings did not look as good as they could of...I can agree to that, but its not $200 or $150 if bargain hunting or tight budget I still like it...I have bought the Arine, Spurlock, and first ones.  the soft cover ones.....ok....but this looks like FINALLY it will be the last and by far BEST  one....I will give you my review as soon as I get it....Jan 6,2023  ship date in a perfect world from Amazon....your thoughts and if anyone has an advance copy or gets it early...post a review!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mmehdy

On 12/26/2022 at 11:00 AM, Mmehdy said:

...any early video reviews?

Is this the same overly huge size as Taschen 'Fantastic Four' early issues from year one? I worry about where to store these hulking volumes that get even bigger with cardboard shipping box.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:57 PM, aardvark88 said:

Is this the same overly huge size as Taschen 'Fantastic Four' early issues from year one? I worry about where to store these hulking volumes that get even bigger with cardboard shipping box.

The Fantastic Worlds of Frank Frazetta - TASCHEN Books

. . . which details size of the book.

I bought the EC book, along with the ASM, Avengers and FF reprint volumes.  Usually, at least here in the UK, you can find sellers shaving off the price-tags.  

If comparable values weren't part of the equation (for the Marvel reprint editions), I'd much sooner own the Taschen volumes over the original comic-books.

Edited by The Voord

According to Tashen website book is available today!!!!! I am waiting on Amazon...anyone get it???

Fantastic video unboxing on you tube!!!! can someone help me link this....check under" Artbook   /unboxing preview / the fantastic worlds of frank frazetta  poster is Spiridon...he indicated he got his copy early...posted 7 days ago....The looks FANTASTIC!!!!!  

PS-great print review of the book : Creativereview.co. UK  -Tashen-frank frazetta/

Edited by Mmehdy

Still on pre-order on amazon...it appears Tashen fills it orders first with limited edition numbers and either has Amazon hold on the release or ship them to them later.....a perk for going with them....any board member get one yet???

On 1/8/2023 at 9:41 PM, Mmehdy said:

Still on pre-order on amazon...it appears Tashen fills it orders first with limited edition numbers and either has Amazon hold on the release or ship them to them later.....a perk for going with them....any board member get one yet???

I just ordered a copy over here in the UK from Taschen.  Listed as in stock with a delivery window of 4 - 5 days.  I'll do a post when it arrives.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:29 PM, Mmehdy said:

I was taking about the Special Edition cover repo of FF 213....the above pic...shot from the OA is what it is....

Maybe Taschen used a newly-colored version of the OA to provide a sharper image than the original printing?  Definitely my favorite Frazetta comic-book cover, even better than WSF # 29, imho.  I'm glad they used this one to front the book!  :cloud9:

Edited by The Voord

still on pre-order on amazon as of today.....anyone else get one?.....For those on a budget the "fantastic paintings of Frank Frazetta" is at a super low price of $31.99 on Amazon and for that price you really cant go wrong. Quality wise I think book at that price is a giveaway...again it is only 120 pages, there is some issues with painting quality of reproduction and of course some of the information provided. Again, the Tashen is a mile above this, but for  discounted  price of $31.99...that is a pretty good bang for the buck. I also  currently own that book too.