• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazines getting lumped together and not separated in submission?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hello!  

I submitted a few magazines as Modern and a few as Standard.  It would appear that the Standards are being lumped in with the Moderns as it is approaching 40 days and still is scheduled.  Is there someone that I can check in with to see if that's the case or if I'm still ok?  

First time, go easy 😘😘😘

• Administrator

Hello @acidjaguar,

Welcome to the chat boards. Right not your Standard Magazine submission is still waiting for its turn to go through the grading process. Right now the estimated turnaround time for this tier of service is 48 business days. This status should change from Scheduled for Grading to the next stage soon. We thank you for your patience. Rest assured these are going through the system separately from your Modern submission. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. 

• Administrator

Hello @acidjaguarThank you for contacting CGC. Magazine submissions are currently on hold while we launch our new holders. You can learn more here: Coming Soon: A New CGC Magazine Holder. Your magazine will be placed in the new holder once we have stock! 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Funny how we still do not see to many folks getting submissions back. I sent an email yesterday inquiring about my Standard order that has been sitting at G/E/I since 12/1/22. I asked them because my original submission showed 42 days and halfway through that they moved it to 69 days but now moved it down to 60 days.

Now that I am over 80 days and was wondering if I should begin to think that something else may have happened at this point i.e. Lost, Damaged, etc. 

Erika did respond very promptly to my email (Thanks Erika) but the reply stated that they have my Magazine and are still experiencing delays in the encapsulation process. :eyeroll:

On 3/30/2023 at 7:25 AM, Nevah said:

You know it's Business days, right?

If we want to count the original submission in person, I'm at 120 business days since submission at this point.  The turnarounds jumped randomly from 45 at the time to 65, then probably adjusted again by now if I were to check. Communication is all I really need TBH. I didn't know they were getting new magazine cases which directly affects my order so I'm just wondering what the expectation is at this point. In my mind, it should've all been done and ready for encapsulation back in December given the turnaround times noted, but it all just went dark for almost three months and now they are backlogged on encapsulation so who knows where things actually sit.  

Hopefully some movement very soon.  Would be nice to know where things sit @KaileeS CS@MattM CS