• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Club Bo Insert
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi I recently submitting an X-men Vol 1992 #1 storm cover with a Club Bo insert and just go it back from CGC.  There is no mention of the insert on the label.  I know that CGC does this as I have seen this on other copies of CGC graded issues.  Was this an oversight?  Can this be corrected?  With the comic encapsulated, now there is no way to differentiate between this and a normal copy of which there were hundreds of thousands.  I can add order number etc if that is appropriate. 

On 12/14/2022 at 6:46 AM, dzbad said:

Hi I recently submitting an X-men Vol 1992 #1 storm cover with a Club Bo insert and just go it back from CGC.  There is no mention of the insert on the label.  I know that CGC does this as I have seen this on other copies of CGC graded issues.  Was this an oversight?

No.

Can this be corrected?

No. There's nothing to correct. All* copies have the insert and that is not part of the current notes in the CGC database.

With the comic encapsulated, now there is no way to differentiate between this and a normal copy of which there were hundreds of thousands.

Again, there's nothing from which it needs to be differentiated. There's nothing special about your copy, which is a normal copy.

On 12/15/2022 at 9:19 AM, dzbad said:

8.thumb.JPG.f329e621b5059506786d4630ad6181bc.JPG

So as you can see other versions do have this noted on the label.  I am wondering why this would be there, if "all of them" had it. 

Well, CGC is nothing if not inconsistent. There are dozens of copies on eBay right now without that note and there's absolutely no way none of them have the insert. I wonder how many copies somebody at CGC decided to bless with that note. hm

• Administrator

@dzbadOur graders have confirmed that this insert is in all the copies of this particular book. This is why your issue did not receive this designation. Also, we have removed this designation from the notes on our certification lookup tool for the example you gave above. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.