• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you trust the CGC with our comics for grading?

4 posts in this topic

Short answer, yes.  CGC has graded millions of comics and the majority of them have gone through the mail without incident. 

I have personally sent hundreds of books to CGC and have had no major incidents. When I have had questions, I've called and gotten quick answers.  They've been transparent and as a consumer I've personally experienced no issues. 

However, there is an inherit risk. Damage can occur during packing, shipping, grading and return shipping. If you have it pressed and cleaned, it's more people handling the comic book.  You'll see all sorts of threads about quality control at CGC. While I would argue those cases are the minority, there is always risk when people are handling comic books.  

As for if you should get the comics graded, I would ask what your trying to achieve?  If you are looking to store and protect them for your own collection, maybe they don't need to be graded? 

If you are trying to sell them, then grading may make sense. Do all 300 need to be graded? Or just the most valuable ones? That's up to you, but I would research the ROI on grading certain issues. Some will be a no brainer. Others may not be worth the investment. 

What are your criteria for deciding if Cgc is trustworthy? Every person and situation is different.

You’re asking for help from random internet strangers, help them help you.

Edited by revat