• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You have $500-750 to buy 1 book right now. What is it and why?
4 4

60 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

In 2003 I bought an 8.5 for $750

Today, you literally get nothing for that.

A 1.5 just sold for $1500

I got my copy for Christmas in 82/83 from my Sister who told me she had to spend $25.00 for this book.:whatthe:

I assigned a grade of FN/VF 7.0.

I would do Amazing Spiderman 47 (awesome Kraven cover) in 9.0 or better or Amazing Spiderman 51 in 7.0 or better. Both of these will continue to rise in value. I agree with the SA Fantastic Four suggestions. 

DC silver age is much harder to find in high grade. It would be my first choice: Batman or Justice League. I'd buy a beater JLA #1, mid-grade 21 or VF copy of 22.

There are so many hilarious things about that Batgirl clip that its hard to know where to begin. But let’s start with Yvonne Craig delivering the line “isn’t that your youthful ward” with a straight face, and Bruce Wayne introducing the explorer dude as “my millionaire friend.”  

On 12/23/2022 at 4:48 PM, Dergrosse13 said:

There are so many hilarious things about that Batgirl clip that its hard to know where to begin. But let’s start with Yvonne Craig delivering the line “isn’t that your youthful ward” with a straight face, and Bruce Wayne introducing the explorer dude as “my millionaire friend.”  

Intentional humor. The Batman TV series is meant to be a comedy.

On 12/16/2022 at 12:42 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Batman 251 in as high a grade as I could get for the money. I kind of did this already - I had $500 earmarked for comics and bought a 251 6.5 cgc for $525 a few months ago. Are there other books that might see a better return? Sure - But Bats 251 is an absolute classic, and I love that I own it.

If we're talking about a book I don't already own, then for me it's a low grade Flash 123, or a low grade ASM 129, just because I love those 2 books and don't have them yet.

I second this, and would add Detective Comics 475.