• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hairline crack in slab...
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hey there,

So, I had bought a magazine off of eBay, got it graded and returned via CGC, and after inspecting it while making a new eBay listing I noticed an almost invisible hairline crack in the slab. I am not able to resell it as is. It's no big deal - I'm not mad, but I need this resolved. I have mailed returns back in the past, but forgot the process. I spent $100 getting this item graded - it came back with a low grade, and I am going to lose money on it after I sell it on eBay. Please let me know how to get this fixed. I will pay for the return shipping. Please let me know what to do.

Thx CGC.

-Scott

PS see attachments

CIMG0987.JPG

CIMG0986.JPG

CIMG0985.JPG

CIMG0984.JPG

Contact cgc directly

look on their website for contact info

they have a full on customer service department 

• Administrator
On 12/15/2022 at 1:14 AM, Scott73737337 said:

Please let me know how to get this fixed.

Complete a submission form by selecting the mechanical error option.  After doing so, you will automatically be sent a prepaid shipping label.  (If you are not a US resident, you will have to contact customer service for the shipping label)  Be sure to write the problem on the packing slip, and write ME in multiple spots on the outside of the box.  We will reholder the book, and ship it back to you at our expense.

Mike

On 12/15/2022 at 12:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

Complete a submission form by selecting the mechanical error option.  After doing so, you will automatically be sent a prepaid shipping label.  (If you are not a US resident, you will have to contact customer service for the shipping label)  Be sure to write the problem on the packing slip, and write ME in multiple spots on the outside of the box.  We will reholder the book, and ship it back to you at our expense.

Mike

Is the shipping label emailed to print out?

On 12/15/2022 at 9:32 AM, 850chris said:

Is it a crack or the inner sleeve?

It's cracked on the inside of the back cover, meaning if you run your fingernail across the crack, you can't feel it. I don't know how these are sealed, but if they have a hermetic / airtight seal, perhaps too much air was sucked out of it. I don't know... **** happens.

Edited by Scott73737337

On 12/15/2022 at 11:34 AM, CGC Mike said:

Mike

That's what I needed to know. Thx Mike.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:34 AM, CGC Mike said:

Mike

Hey Mike, one more thing... Can you tell me what my queue number is for submissions 4150692 and 4056291? The first one I paid $100 for submission I think, and the second one listed I paid around $30. Both are past their expected grading date. Just making sure nothing is holding up the grading process. Thx.

Edited by Scott73737337

• Administrator
On 12/17/2022 at 1:50 AM, Scott73737337 said:

Hey Mike, one more thing... Can you tell me what my queue number is for submissions 4150692 and 4056291? The first one I paid $100 for submission I think, and the second one listed I paid around $30. Both are past their expected grading date. Just making sure nothing is holding up the grading process. Thx.

I'll send you a PM.