• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's going on with this staple? Can it be fixed?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Manufacturing defect. I would leave it as it is if this were my comic. Messing with it could easily damage the spine and you'd be cursing yourself. It won't hurt the grade if that's what's bothering you, but messing with it could get you a restored label and maybe a low grade with notation staple replaced.

On 12/15/2022 at 12:00 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Manufacturing defect. I would leave it as it is if this were my comic. Messing with it could easily damage the spine and you'd be cursing yourself. It won't hurt the grade if that's what's bothering you, but messing with it could get you a restored label and maybe a low grade with notation staple replaced.

It's an auction I was considering, but looking at that janky staple would annoy me.

If otherwise high grade then yes, it would annoy me too. Are there other copies to choose from out there? However if it was offered at a sufficiently low price to reflect it's jankiness then I would be happy with that. What I wouldn't be happy with is paying top dollar as if that defect wasn't there!

On 12/15/2022 at 12:32 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

If otherwise high grade then yes, it would annoy me too. Are there other copies to choose from out there? However if it was offered at a sufficiently low price to reflect it's jankiness then I would be happy with that. What I wouldn't be happy with is paying top dollar as if that defect wasn't there!

yeah it seems to be a reasonable price, but think I will go for mintier copy.

My suggestion is to just buy a copy that is what you are looking for as it isn't a rare book.

I think the staple could be fixed but the paper tear above it still exists.

Have a pic of the entire book?

Edited by Artboy99

On 12/16/2022 at 12:24 PM, Artboy99 said:

My suggestion is to just buy a copy that is what you are looking for as it isn't a rare book.

I think the staple could be fixed but the paper tear above it still exists.

Have a pic of the entire book?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Devil-Dinosaur-1-1978-Comic-/334659486818?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

On 12/16/2022 at 11:05 AM, mephistopheles said:

Thanks.

Book is sold. The seller graded it as a 7.5-8.0 copy, if that is the grade/price point you are seeking have a look at the copies on Mycomicshop. Very tight grading at Mycomicshop and I have been very happy with the books I have purchased from them.

On 12/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, Artboy99 said:

Thanks.

Book is sold. The seller graded it as a 7.5-8.0 copy, if that is the grade/price point you are seeking have a look at the copies on Mycomicshop. Very tight grading at Mycomicshop and I have been very happy with the books I have purchased from them.

It's on my "be nice to have" list, not my "must have" list. If I see a good grade at a good price I will grab it. Will check out mycomicshop. Thx!