• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2022!
5 5

118 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2022 at 9:50 AM, D2 said:

This has to be one of my ultimate, all time favourite items, in my collection. Period. What a phenomenal piece of work

You're the one who made me aware that there's a Signed/Slipcase version of this, so thanks for that (because I doubt I'll ever find one). lol

On 12/16/2022 at 9:53 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You're the one who made me aware that there's a Signed/Slipcase version of this, so thanks for that (because I doubt I'll ever find one). lol

If I find one that pops up in my travels, I'll let you know. I found one in the wild, but it's been at least a year, maybe 2 years now.

That's true, they are hard to come by apparently

On 12/16/2022 at 9:37 AM, D2 said:

I had an odd year. Some odd acquisitions 

5DC28966-91AE-4B80-9AAE-622A1D7FF54B.jpeg

0E4B7C91-C5C9-464B-AA33-A1FAF4F25923.jpeg

7C7410CB-38DA-4FAC-8ECD-5ED5D57A0923.jpeg

👍 Nice! I forgot that I completed the distorted holograms this year 😂 whoops! Well regular covers.

Stan Lee sig in la casa!  :banana:

On 12/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

👍 Nice! I forgot that I completed the distorted holograms this year 😂 whoops! Well regular covers.

Stan Lee sig in la casa!  :banana:

I'm worried when the X-Men are official in the MCU, that will be it when it comes to affordability for Stan Lee sigs

On 12/16/2022 at 2:09 PM, davidtere said:

I managed to fill a couple of holes in my Simon / Kirby romance comic collection as well as some Jumbo (Fiction House) Comics. I didn't pick up as much Original Art as in years past. Prices multiplying on OA leaned me back to comics...not a bad thing. But the three OA pieces I did get were special to me, so here they are.

The Little Dot # 2 splash is actually from a complete story (I'll spare you all the other pages). I love Harvey Comics (pretty much all titles) and am always on the lookout to get a complete story. This checked the Harvey OA box for me. 

This Jim Mooney Supergirl scratched an itch I've had for awhile. Supergirl is featured in nearly every panel and it's pure Mooney. Supergirl flying, going back through time and reading microfilm with her telescopic vision, hit all the buttons. I can rest easy on that personal Supergirl / Mooney piece I've wanted for a while now. Yay!

Last but not least was this early Curt Swan / Bruno Premiani Superboy from Adventure comics # 208. I had been looking at it on a OA dealers website for awhile, but I prefer to purchase OA in person (if possible). The opportunity came at SDCC this year. It's so wonky mid 50's DC...it was a must have.

Have a great day and rest of the year fellow boardies!

097rrlaz_2503221655001gpadd.jpeg

acjLJMZL_2407221808461gpadd.jpeg

C1eP3h6t_2507221638021gpadd.jpeg

Really great and targeted acquisitions, and your insights really cinch why these are special to you! :golfclap: