• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's HYPNO-HUSTLER Spider-Verse movie starring Donald Glover (TBD)

13 posts in this topic

When the time came to cast a new Spidey for The Amazing Spider-Man, fans campaigned for Donald Glover to play the role. Although Andrew Garfield went on to play the character, Glover did eventually enter the Spider-Man universe, voicing Miles Morales in the Ultimate Spider-Man series and appearing in Spider-Man: Homecoming. He’s set to take the lead in a new Spider-Man movie, but it’s definitely not what you expected.

Donald Glover is set to star in a Spider-Man movie for Sony Pictures, which is said to revolve around Hypno-Hustler, a villain who isn’t exactly landing on the top of anyone’s best villain lists. Sources told THR that Donald Glover “sparked to the musical aspect of the character and the fact that he has less Marvel cannon baggage, freeing him to greater interpretations.” This would give Glover the opportunity to do just about anything he wants with the project, which is being scripted by Myles Murphy, son of Eddie Murphy. In addition to starring in the Hypno-Hustler movie, Glover will also set to produce the project as well. Plot details are being kept under wraps at this time, but if Glover is involved, I’d more than ready to keep an open mind.

Hypno-Hustler was created by Bill Mantlo and Frank Springer and first appeared in Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #24 in 1978. The character is the leader of a band known as the Mercy Killers and uses hypnosis technology on his audiences to rob them.

On 12/17/2022 at 12:41 PM, Cat said:

WHICH WORLD IS THIS!? 

The one we switched to after the Large Hadron Collider created a singularity a few years ago. 

On 12/17/2022 at 3:01 PM, Readcomix said:

I’m holding out for the Rocket Racer.

Yup. I have my fingers crossed, especially if they are shrewd enough to include The Big Wheel as well.

It would be a missed opportunity.

Edited by Ken Aldred