• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PG/ CVR/ NG designations
3 3

54 posts in this topic

This is the way it is slabbed now, but I'm not sure, since it isn't a current labeling, that it should still be "ng" because I think the "pg" designation is new. Be sure to post your recent one  @MGsimba77

The bright side is its still a good enough pic that you can read the Stan "blog of old", especially if on a tablet. :cheers:

3206904_Full_Obv.jpg

3206904_Full_Rev.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/17/2022 at 6:12 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Cool thread idea! 

20220814_173108.thumb.jpg.b78e42dd8375ceb5e55b4f0321d3013e.jpg

20221209_143702.thumb.jpg.75c31d1ca23f2b1ecf17d6b1d1ea1253.jpg

20221209_143744.thumb.jpg.a5e80096a24aa958f0642b451e2d45c6.jpg

There is the back! Interesting that he signed the back! I'm not sure which I'd prefer, but both are awesome!

On 12/17/2022 at 5:14 PM, Comixroc said:

First full appearance of Venom.

9500AAFE-1A03-4915-B123-E848B1E1B36C.jpeg

This one has intent! Hi HoNeY lol

On 12/17/2022 at 6:22 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah I window bagged it there. There's some ink bleeding thru the other side but no big deal. 

Same with mine, but Stan's soapbox readable, or I can make it out well enough (thumbsu

But I know where your coming from. :)

I’ve wondered about this…. What tier do you submit a page under? Most pages aren’t really worth more than the minimum tier for insurance purposes (other than pages from the top Gold and Silver keys); I’d hate to pay more than the minimum tier for pre-1975 pages that I’d like to encapsulate just for fun.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:54 PM, Readcomix said:

I’ve wondered about this…. What tier do you submit a page under? Most pages aren’t really worth more than the minimum tier for insurance purposes (other than pages from the top Gold and Silver keys); I’d hate to pay more than the minimum tier for pre-1975 pages that I’d like to encapsulate just for fun.

That's a good question! I bought mine already done up, but I would assume, whatever book fits the label for the page and insure it to your hearts desire.

I really don't thing cgc will bump the tier, unless it's action #1 or similar, but only imo

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/17/2022 at 7:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's a good question! I bought mine already done up, but I would assume, whatever book fits the label for the page and insure it to your hearts desire.

I really don't thing cgc will bump the tier, unless it's action #1 or similar, but only imo

I’m thinking the reverse, though, I’ve got some 50’s pages that can’t possibly be worth anywhere near $200, but I wonder if I cannot submit them in the cheapest tier just because they are older than 1975? I was hoping there was special pricing for pages that aren’t big bucks collectibles by themselves. 

On 12/17/2022 at 7:13 PM, Readcomix said:

I’m thinking the reverse, though, I’ve got some 50’s pages that can’t possibly be worth anywhere near $200, but I wonder if I cannot submit them in the cheapest tier just because they are older than 1975? I was hoping there was special pricing for pages that aren’t big bucks collectibles by themselves. 

I would assume you could do economy, but not modern for the "cheapest", other than that no special page price I don't think :sorry:

I was meaning to point some pages would be more that $400 and no longer only $200, increasing your odds at cgc not bumping the tier. $400, which btw is the max insurance at econ and modern's now :cheers:

Beyond that I'll leave it to someone else with experience to know, perhaps @BlowUpTheMoon would know? As it might be something similar with a coverless book? not sure (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Agreed @ADAMANTIUM definitely some more pages out there worth over $400 that are “undiscovered” (pages that haven’t tested the market as solo fragments yet) but I’m looking to encapsulate much cheaper stuff just for fun. I’ve got to look at the new rates again; maybe Econ and modern aren’t so far off now that the insurance cap is the same. (I usually go thru my LCS to send in books.)

On 12/17/2022 at 8:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Beyond that I'll leave it to someone else with experience to know, perhaps @BlowUpTheMoon would know?

Bought that book in 2016 at my LCS for $100.  Sent it in Economy. 

On 12/17/2022 at 7:54 PM, Readcomix said:

You should be able to do it under economy or standard tier. I chose standard for the Wolverine page because the TAT was much better than economy. The total was under $80. I could of done it for maybe ~$50 under economy.