• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PG/ CVR/ NG designations
3 3

54 posts in this topic

Posted this in a few other places, but this is my latest crack and 'upgrading' coverless books I bought. Purchased it as a pile of scraps, missing both the front and back covers. I knew that so long as I could replace ONE of the cover sides it would be possible to obtain an 0.5 (which is a massive difference in price when compared to an NG - basically I was striving to make this a "Buy the grade, not the book" rather than "Buy the book, not the grade", impressive display for absolute lowest cost possible). Tracked down a replacement back cover and put it all together with a reproduction front cover.

post-1.thumb.jpg.f3ee994b95a89829d2b3521935df4a41.jpgpost-2.thumb.jpg.59b798d2f91865fd74f7d938f62067fb.jpg

On 12/20/2022 at 8:47 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Posted this in a few other places, but this is my latest crack and 'upgrading' coverless books I bought. Purchased it as a pile of scraps, missing both the front and back covers. I knew that so long as I could replace ONE of the cover sides it would be possible to obtain an 0.5 (which is a massive difference in price when compared to an NG - basically I was striving to make this a "Buy the grade, not the book" rather than "Buy the book, not the grade", impressive display for absolute lowest cost possible). Tracked down a replacement back cover and put it all together with a reproduction front cover.

post-1.thumb.jpg.f3ee994b95a89829d2b3521935df4a41.jpgpost-2.thumb.jpg.59b798d2f91865fd74f7d938f62067fb.jpg

While I applaud the work and time you put into this book, the thread is for NG, CVR, and PG designations.

Again, this looks great, though!

On 12/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, Comixroc said:

Wow!  You guys have been posting some great pieces!  Unconditional love for the book, story, art, etc.  

No grade chasing in this thread!

keep them coming!:headbang:

Yep, I’ve owned all of these books at one point or another in much higher grades. I like the coverless because you can see some of those beautiful splash pages that you never get to see…

46466092-C4E7-4842-AD2F-F637AF732357.jpeg

On 12/20/2022 at 5:53 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Yep, I’ve owned all of these books at one point or another in much higher grades. I like the coverless because you can see some of those beautiful splash pages that you never get to see…

46466092-C4E7-4842-AD2F-F637AF732357.jpeg

Yes!  The splash pages!  Can’t see that awesome lettering, artwork and colors with the cover.  
That’s a great first page!

On 12/20/2022 at 5:37 PM, Comixroc said:

While I applaud the work and time you put into this book, the thread is for NG, CVR, and PG designations.

Again, this looks great, though!

doh! Right! I keep thinking it as a NG that made it in the world after all :D

Have at thee! 

gradedWW-web.thumb.jpg.e5a32fb3fba8ee526d66adfd569e37d6.jpg
The other two first issues of the Trinity (Batman #1 and Superman #1) are valued so much more than this one I figured it was a great time to snag whatever I could get before the universe corrected this blunder! Originally was going to keep it raw and try hunting down more wraps/covers for it but realized how crazy hard that would be and just made peace with what I had (which really was the most important bits - the origin story and first Ares appearance is basically all there)

On 12/20/2022 at 11:27 PM, Sauce Dog said:

doh! Right! I keep thinking it as a NG that made it in the world after all :D

Have at thee! 

gradedWW-web.thumb.jpg.e5a32fb3fba8ee526d66adfd569e37d6.jpg
The other two first issues of the Trinity (Batman #1 and Superman #1) are valued so much more than this one I figured it was a great time to snag whatever I could get before the universe corrected this blunder! Originally was going to keep it raw and try hunting down more wraps/covers for it but realized how crazy hard that would be and just made peace with what I had (which really was the most important bits - the origin story and first Ares appearance is basically all there)

Awesomeness!