• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PG/ CVR/ NG designations
3 3

54 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2022 at 9:47 PM, Comixroc said:

6367CC5F-4991-43D5-81EB-56F07461298A.jpeg

Oddly enough, I kind of like that. It takes away that instinctive reaction to any grade lower than 9.8, and honestly - the book is about the signature now, not about the contents.

On 12/22/2022 at 12:39 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Oddly enough, I kind of like that. It takes away that instinctive reaction to any grade lower than 9.8, and honestly - the book is about the signature now, not about the contents.

My thoughts exactly.  Additionally, why spend unnecessary cash for this book?  It’s valued/ so expensive solely due to the cover.  Not due to anything inside the book.  
I want a nice looking copy signed, but don’t want to spend hundreds.  What’s a guy to do?  Just grab a nice enough looking copy, and submit the cover for signature.(thumbsu

On 12/17/2022 at 5:10 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

7477.thumb.jpeg.be9f8bae555880db3a46700591666a8f.jpeg

Hi love the comic.    I was wondering just curious.  If one of as able to put chase or come into possession of a cover front ant back page (the covers only) of this comic.   Would it be beneficial to add it to the interior pages here and submit it for grading to cgc as a detached cover but a complete comic? Get a higher grade?   What you think? For this one.    

On 12/17/2022 at 5:10 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

7477.thumb.jpeg.be9f8bae555880db3a46700591666a8f.jpeg

On 12/23/2022 at 10:01 AM, Comics4Stone said:

Hi love the comic.    I was wondering just curious.  If one of as able to put chase or come into possession of a cover front ant back page (the covers only) of this comic.   Would it be beneficial to add it to the interior pages here and submit it for grading to cgc as a detached cover but a complete comic? Get a higher grade?   What you think? For this one.    

Adding a cover to an interior would get you a numerical grade, which I guess is "higher" but it would also (almost certainly) get a purple "restored" label for a "married cover."  This would probably sell for higher than a coverless NG, but by how much would depend on the actual condition.

Here's another general question about NG... would it be possible to add a custom cover to a coverless comic and get it slabbed as that comic, but with a reproduction cover attached?  For example, this guy: Doctor Strange Custom Cover Project creates new covers for the early Strange Tales issues that featured Dr. Strange but had covers that emphasized the other stories.

cover.jpg

If I had a Strange Tales 110 without a cover, and I put this cover on it, would CGC slab it as a Strange Tales 110 (NG), or not slab it as a counterfeit?

On 12/23/2022 at 10:19 AM, wardevil0 said:

Here's another general question about NG... would it be possible to add a custom cover to a coverless comic and get it slabbed as that comic, but with a reproduction cover attached?  For example, this guy: Doctor Strange Custom Cover Project creates new covers for the early Strange Tales issues that featured Dr. Strange but had covers that emphasized the other stories.

cover.jpg

If I had a Strange Tales 110 without a cover, and I put this cover on it, would CGC slab it as a Strange Tales 110 (NG), or not slab it as a counterfeit?

If CGC will slab a clear acetate cover or reproduction copies, I don’t see why they wouldn’t slab one of these…