• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Collector's Alliance
1 1

10 posts in this topic

After a little more research, I'm going for it! $9.99 subscription and no fees = no brainer. Granted they don't yet the audience but you gotta start somewhere, right?

The worst that can happen? I'm out $30 or $40 if I sell nothing. Best case: I sell one high end book and save 10 times that amount on one sale.

They have some YouTube videos too, kinda entertaining. 

On 12/19/2022 at 5:11 PM, Badlands said:

Curious if anyone has tried them and if so, what's your experience so far? I have to admit that the thought of no fees is quite enticing. They are a subscription based service.

Ebay is killing me with fees!

https://www.thecollectoralliance.com/welcome

In a comic universe Far far away the collector's alliance was created to battle the Dark Empire of Auction Houses.  Led by the Rebel force of collector's these brave soles fight back the buyer's and sellers premiums being unleashed against the collector's fee free universe.

Edited by blazingbob

On 12/20/2022 at 1:52 PM, blazingbob said:

In a comic universe Far far away the collector's alliance was created to battle the Dark Empire of Auction Houses.  Led by the Rebel force of collector's these brave soles fight back the buyer's and sellers premiums being unleashed against the collector's fee free universe.

Thankfully, Obi Bob Kenobi is with the Rebel force. May the force be with you!

On 12/21/2022 at 8:28 AM, KCOComics said:

I'm curious, what advantages does this offer over Instagram or selling on the Forums? 

I don't have Instagram personally, but I feel like there are better options without a subscription model. 

I hear you and agree partly. I also do not have IG so cannot speak to that. However, I'm thinking more long term maybe. IF it takes off (big "if") and a lot of folks hop in board, I think the audience might become large. Assuming that happens, then it would be a great alternative to ebay.

On 12/21/2022 at 6:28 AM, KCOComics said:

I'm curious, what advantages does this offer over Instagram or selling on the Forums? 

I don't have Instagram personally, but I feel like there are better options without a subscription model. 

I wish there were some sort of rating/reputation system on IG. Buying/offering is this side of shady and unpredictable on IG. I've had lukewarm experiences on there. I have not been outright scammed, but I feel that there's not much in place to prevent it from happening. Granted, it happens plenty on Ebay, but there's protections there. IG has zero protection.