• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does this mean?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Sounds like you had a comic submitted under the Standard tier with a max value of $1000 but CGC decided it belongs in the Modern tier (comics 1975 to current) and valued at $400 or less. It's cheaper to submit to Modern than Standard.

Edit: I don't think it changes how it's graded or slabbed. I've read it's more about the value and insurance...

Edited by 850chris

On 12/20/2022 at 3:28 PM, 850chris said:

Sounds like you had a comic submitted under the Standard tier with a max value of $1000 but CGC decided it belongs in the Modern tier (comics 1975 to current) and valued at $400 or less. It's cheaper to submit to Modern than Standard.

Edit: I don't think it changes how it's graded or slabbed. I've read it's more about the value and insurance...

They already charged me so maybe I'll get some cash back. But what is that universal thing about?

I've never submitted standard or economy so that might just be what it appears as in their system. Others who have submitted those tiers might chime in? Did they downgrade your Ghost Rider to Economy (comics before 1975 and valued at 400 or less)? Or did it stay at Standard?

On 12/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, 850chris said:

CGC has said before, and on these boards, that they won't reimburse you if you select to high a tier.  However if you to pay for a faster turnaround time then that's your choice.   May just be a bug in the status.   I'd say u should either use the Ask Cgc forum or call their customer service

On 12/20/2022 at 4:33 PM, Gaard said:

Universal = Blue label. Not restored or qualified.

Oh I guess that's good then. I'm not sure why if showed as that though when the other said modern. I haven't seen that before. Safe to say my nova is being deemed worthless though. 💔

On 12/21/2022 at 10:48 AM, comicjoe1234 said:

I thought it was going to be put as an 8.5 like some suggested but I'm kinda' shocked now.

#me2!!

At least if those were your expectations, you were being realistic about your submittal.

With those graders' notes, you should be very thankful for that 9.4 :whistle: ...

And because of that, congratulations are in order.  Cheers, man :cheers: !

On 12/21/2022 at 10:55 AM, TRMN8R5 said:

#me2!!

At least if those were your expectations, you were being realistic about your submittal.

With those graders' notes, you should be very thankful for that 9.4 :whistle: ...

And because of that, congratulations are in order.  Cheers, man :cheers: !

People on these forums were saying 7.5 too lol. The only thing I can think of is maybe the grader felt bad as it was downgraded from standard to modern 

On 12/21/2022 at 4:59 PM, comicjoe1234 said:

People on these forums were saying 7.5 too lol. The only thing I can think of is maybe the grader felt bad as it was downgraded from standard to modern 

Not sure their feelings would have any impact on the grade whatsoever. Otherwise I'd include a note that said my hamster had just died. But I'm sure you weren't being serious. 

On 12/21/2022 at 11:27 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Not sure their feelings would have any impact on the grade whatsoever. Otherwise I'd include a note that said my hamster had just died. But I'm sure you weren't being serious. 

No I'm not serious. But it isn't a 9.4. And I mean, it is at the end of the day up to the grader. Some can get very lazy some do things for reasons we don't really know so it's not that farfetched that the person was having a good day and gave a good grade even though it clearly isn't a 9.4.