• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is now a good time to be buying?

30 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2022 at 4:22 PM, World Devourer said:

I'm pleased that it is good news for you. On the issue of rare variants, some are reappearing on Ebay. Whether people will pay or sit and watch the item for months is another question.

Honestly many people overpaid for their variants during covid. It will be awhile before they can get their money back even the high end limited
variants are not immune to the covid money to some extent.

On 12/25/2022 at 9:38 AM, fastballspecial said:

Honestly many people overpaid for their variants during covid. It will be awhile before they can get their money back even the high end limited
variants are not immune to the covid money to some extent.

Yes, I think some people got carried away.

I have a number of rare variants, but always look at it from a resale perspective. I snapped up an ASM #678 in 9.8 about 5 years ago, as I knew it would be a winner. I passed on the ASM #700 Martin as while complete with a great cover, it has no half life. I did however purchase the Silver Surfer Black #2 Camuncoli Sketch Variant cover as ultra-rare in 9.8 and the SS will eventually appear in the MCU. And so on.

On 12/23/2022 at 9:30 PM, World Devourer said:

OK. When you say "best month", is that for the high-end variants I was referring to?

You did not qualify your statement. You did say high end, but that need not be just variants